Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

gmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
okay I finally have to ask. What is so great about gmail? I have all the email that I want and a couple of back up names for when my server is down. Can someone please explain what is so great about gmail that I would pay for the service.

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how much do you pay for gmail? you can get it free!

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't nor will I. I have all the email I need and then some. But I see many people selling these accounts and just trying to understand.

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why others like gmail but personally I like it for its huge storage & clean interface. Anyways, if you like to have one, I can invite you for free. :)

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you for your kind offer, but I really don't need another email address. Honestly I need to have many more. I'm using just a few on all my sites, but i don't want 200 email addresses, and paypal only allows 7(?, something like that).

But again thanks, very kind offer.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gmail is just like hotmail without the need to delete emails because the space is so huge
Many people like hotmail because it gives them anonymity and reduces the chance of getting a virus/worm on their pc
The reason people pay now for a gmail invite, is because they want a "good" gmail address before it is offered to the general public for free
How will you feel when you see someone is advertsing services of whatever kind and their reply address is keshe at gmail.com ?

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nobody wants to be me, not even me, :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
keshe said:
I haven't nor will I ...

... but I really don't need another email address.
Well ... Gmail is NOT just another e-mail "address". It's simply ground-breaking in more than a couple of aspects when it comes to web-based e-mail. You don't *need* to use it as one of your many e-mail addresses, but it's good for your ONLY mailbox (by e.g. forwarding all mail there) just for their HUGE storage. And if you have not tried it out yet, you have missed A LOT. Their interface is neat, esp. without the graphic banners. Loading is really quick but the most important thing is: it redefines e-mail the way it is with searches. I know of people who don't even know how to use Outlook, by e.g. organizing their messages by creating folders AND sub-folders; for others, they simply BROWSE through the list scanning mostly the senders, not knowing that all e-mail clients come with a search function. Now, we have an e-mail interface that builds on searches, and that in itself is GREAT!

By the way, I don't NEED any extra e-mail address either, and I have more than enough storage space. ;)

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well from what you say and the point anyweb brings up perhaps I should at least grab keshe there, and maybe move there for my web based email.

I surely don't use outlook or my computer to its/their fullest. I likely use it better than most, but likely dont use it as well as most here.

I didn't mean to knock gmail. If its that ground breaking I have missed it. Obviously the buck or two was no great shakes, but I didn't understand the rave. I understand it a bit better now. As far as "free" web based mail I surely understand its the top of the line. From what you have said I see its feature rich. I guess that was my question and the answer you provided.

One question I do have. Tried to send several zips to gmails and mostly they bounced back. Thoughts on that?

I'm not using my email or server space to the fullest. My free email account does what I need it to do, mainly scream help when my server is down. I really don't want others to be keshe, but people will do what they wish and of the some cazilliaon names out there people can be keshe if they want.

Thank you for answering my question, its feature full and large. That said I have what i feel I need and am no where near using all features.

I tend to steer clear of fads. Before your response thats what I thought gmail was. Not that I didn't think it would last, but to pay for email didn't make sense to me. If the features are that strong than I can surely understand people paying for it. I still don't want or feel that I need it, but at least I'm not so bloodly confused as why some might pay for it.

Peace.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i use my gmail to gather junk mail, ie if i sign up anywhere i will use my gmail addy, and i leave my other addies for important stuff

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
keshe said:
Well from what you say and the point anyweb brings up perhaps I should at least grab keshe there
You can't, since 6 letters/characters is the minimum at GMail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom