Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Go Daddy Appraisals - Save Your Money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Today Go Daddy is offering $4.95 appraisals which with a $1.99 renewal or domain purchase is still not a bad deal, at least for the domain purchase. Their appraisal service might as well be a random number generator though. I submitted eight domains for appraisal. For .COM, their appraisal is fair coming in a little low, I think. For .US, the results are plain mind boggling.

For .COM, .NET, and .ORG appraisals, you'll do better with a free apparaisal service at URLbuyers.COM (http://www.urlbuyers.com/valuation.cfm). You'll have to be honest with their query section though. For example, 'ChummyApparelBlogging.NET' probably doesn't represent a 'major section' of the clothing business. For .BIZ and .INFO the URL buyers model is way high though. The peer appraisal here at DNF is quite useful too although I might just be told that those seven 'wonderful' orphan .COMs that I registered from Deleted Domains with my appraisals aren't really going add much collateral to my net worth unless, that is, if you'll buy them for what Go Daddy appraises them for!

Here are my appraisals for all to see:

BUYMYSTUFF.COM
Estimated Value: $310.00 - $899.00

ARTSYS.COM
Estimated Value: $84.00 - $244.00

E-CAT.COM
Estimated Value: $84.00 - $218.00

ART.US
Estimated Value: $46,830.00 - $121,758.00

FILM.US
Estimated Value: $70,179.00 - $182,465.00

STOCK.US
Estimated Value: $6,393.00 - $16,622.00

WINE.US
Estimated Value: $76.00 - $198.00

ANTIQUE.US
Estimated Value: $294.00 - $853.00

As you can tell, I'd be delighted to sell some of these names for the low end appraisal and for others, I'd sure like to buy your similar name for the high end appraisal. Frankly, Go daddy's appaisal service isn't ready for prime or any other time. As of now, I'd sure suggest saving your money!

To be clear, I am not offering these names for sale at this time. I just wanted to show the erratic nature of their appraisals so that you too will have some extra money to spend on those great spur of the moment 'finds' that I'm sure you'll be tempted by very soon!

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What gets me is the difference between wine.us and film.us.

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
interesting, they just changed their overall prices today

Express Appraisals from $9.95 to $7.95
Certified Appraisals from $19.95 to $14.95

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe their fast service is done by software?

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your Go Daddy appraisal comes back right away. There was no human review when I submitted my appraisals; I'm sure. I really believe that the free URLbuyers.com link above is better and I have found it to be pretty useful especially for .COM, and .NET.

Happy New Year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom