Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Go Daddy's IDIOTIC change to not give free privacy will backfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For those who even care. If you do not then go to the Humor section.

In case Acro is even reading this: I've been a fan of yours, praised your threads, even called you a good writer. I've never seen you get personal in a comment. If you think my OP was too long and you didn't get the point, there are plenty of ways to say it. Had you said "too long and no one gets the point" I would've taken it as uncalled for, but I wouldn't have minded as much. I don't believe I went on some "huge and pointless rant" I've gone on rants before while drunk after a gf dumps me but not here. It was too long, I'll give you that. When you're not posting from your PC you can't appreciate how long a post is, this was the case here. I've even told Johnn editing should be allowed in Legal for that reason. Some of us work on a thread researching topics and filtering thoughts before starting it, when I said "smaller domainers" it was meant that for some of us just part-timers for whom starting threads doesn't come naturally, work goes into it and absolutely no one here is "mature enough" to get a "What a huge and pointless rant" comment and just take it. No one.

I thought your "What a huge and pointless rant" quip was personal. Anyone (no matter what they claim here) would. Unlike Raider and Gerry, whom I've seen get into arguments before, I've never seen you do that. And both Raider and Gerry, at least up until your two "comments", did stick to the content and commented on it, it wasn't personal. Had you ripped my posts to shreds I would've accepted it if your opinion was different or I was wrong on the facts. You'd offered to help when I got a C&D I'm waiting for, which I thanked you for explicitly in Legal just days ago. And don't worry, I won't be taking you up on it. If anything, I was in "good" terms w/you. I was wondering if I haid said/done anything to piss you off in between my threads. I'd never make a comment like that even when I think posts are plain bullshit, factually incorrect or simply stupid. Unless that person had picked a fight w/me before but even then I'd hesitate.

The "racial" comment was never meant to be that at all. I'm personally disturbed when people use any race card, purple, green or magenta lol. I misspoke. What I meant to imply was that since I'm not an anglophone, I wasn't able to summarize or express ideas that well. It was the wrong thing to say, even when it came to "smaller domainers" that was wrong, I got upset w/your comment, but ANYBODY would. You're not required to read posts, only mods are, I don't envy their job given all the bullshit they have to get through. The thread was meant as a comparison of Fabulous, Moniker and GD, and my experiences w/them w/respect to security and privacy. And for users to learn from that. Maybe it was the wrong thread to come up with. But that's my prerogative as a DNF member. And my 2nd post where I responded to 3 members was also long. I'll go edit/delete some things. And, I hope you're "good" with me again, eventually.

Gerry: I was about to give you a like for your LLC thing, your disagreeing w/me that this will hurt GD did not bother me one bit. Then I saw Raider & you "liked" Acro's negative comments (I don't think there are 2 ways how to take that) so I changed my mind, too late for Raider, I'd already written hers. If you felt Acro's comment was correct then don't expect a ty. And if you thought it was too long but not completely ponitless (or it being rant-like or not) then you should've stayed neutral. I WOULD. The like/dislike added on DNF is great if you don't want to post but you somewhat agree/disagree, but even if I forget to comment on some posts, no one should make any inferences from that. I've been on threads w/30 posts I like OR dislike, or want to comment on, yet I just can't do that, so all here should take this thread business w/the whole shaker of salt. And no, I don't think anyone here, mentioned specifically or not, is anti-anything.

I'm ultimately responsible for this as the TS, sorry I wasted time for some of you. And enjoy those eggs & sausage.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get a like. But, after going back through all of this dribble again, it does appear to be a pointless rant with the OP playing the race card when it was pointed out that it was a pointless rant.

On the up side, you did learn something by spending a couple hundred bucks to form an LLC and utilizing a PO Box gives you a shroud of some privacy (not listing your real name and address). Personally, I never cared for the privacy thingy as those interested in buying your names will not know who to contact. I would venture to say 80% or better of my sales come from the buyer contacting me. So why anyone would want to miss out on those opportunities is beyond me.

By the way, I don't participate on the forum to get "likes". I participate on the forum because I like to.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
angel69: This is not personal, but you still seem to not get it. Here's the executive summary:

1. WHOIS protection isn't a right, it's a feature.
2. It offers nothing against security.
3. GoDaddy offers 2-way authentication. Turn it on.
4. If you want a Fabulous account with reseller pricing, contact Fabulous here on DNF. For the time being, they offer WHOIS protection for free.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know how many domains you've got but you could set up your own privacy scheme: a P.O. box + virtual number and you're done.
Plus an LLC/Inc, if you are serious player you should be incorporated ;)
It's cost effective, you don't need hundreds of domains. And the level of privacy available from whois privacy services is very relative. The only person you can trust is yourself.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's cost effective, you don't need hundreds of domains. And the level of privacy available from whois privacy services is very relative. The only person you can trust is yourself.
We need a course in like etiquette as well as to how to "unlike" a like.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Unlike Raider and Gerry, whom I've seen get into arguments before, I've never seen you do that.

And you've been here since 2007? I think you should write less and read more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators