Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amdek

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know how my account was hacked into , some how he got my password (no keyboard logger) and stole 4 names.
Does anyone know what I can do to lock down the account better to prevent this or is security better at another registrar.

I got the email notice and all but he (from China) pushed the names in less than 1 hour, scary with 1400 names

any suggestions

got all back except one , still fighting that one

Domain Days 2024

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't use free email for registrar contact, use one from one of your domains, preferably one that is unpublished (use a separate one for the WhoIs information).

Make your passwords difficult but easy for you, like instead of "amdek" use 4mD3k or even international characters if you can.

Don't put capital letters where expected, mis-spell your passwords, and don't use obvious guesses (your name, a school, a nickname, a significant other, a pet etc..).

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also try to list minimum information about yourself @ Facebook, LinkedIn and similar portals that criminals and scammers are using very often to collect some data about people.

Amdek

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
all good advice, but the email account I use is a paid account and my password is 12 char, very complex

never mess around in facebook or any places like that, I am in contact with the hacker and he is in Asia and is 16. Would love to know how he did it

Amdek

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yhea that is a video on stealing a car, hacking a password that only gives you three attempts is something different

Amdek

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom is even worse as they don't even send you an email to confirm a change has been made, so if hacked you wouldn't know about it until all your domains are long gone, unless you log in every hour to check them. Very bad practice.

Atleast with Godaddy I got an email alert that the email address had been changed and was able to stop it before I lost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom