Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

legal GoDaddy account information emails going out (legit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I figured I'd post this here for the newer members.

Once a year GoDaddy and Moniker (I'm sure other registrars do, to) sends out an email asking you to confirm your contact details. This is an opportunity scammers use to try to get your account information by telling you to click on a link (looks like to GoDaddy but usually goes to something close) and log in. You see the threat here?

I just got one from GoDaddy (legit) and this is how they do it: They ask you to go to a link (you can confirm the link by looking at the actual URL, not the text in the email) and then copy and paste a long code into the box on that screen. This will take you to a screen with all your domains and the contact information.

They do not ask you to log in.

If you're ever suspicious about these, call the registrar and check the links - some are very close like Goldaddy, Gododdy, etc..

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good post. IMO you should never click on a link in these type of emails. Always go directly to the official site and if you really need to update details you will surely be notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom