Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here can answer a few questions for me regarding the "exportable lists" feature on GoDaddy.

1) When I create a list, several days later the list disappears from my list of exportable lists. Is this controlled by GD or flushing my own cookies?

2) When I create a list, then download it, it seems to pull from the state of the account a couple days earlier rather than today. It doesn't pick up on changes made or transfers in or whatever. So how do updates to the account affect report creation in terms of timeliness?

3) I made a couple Lists last week and saved them. I ran one today and it gave me old info (it was missing some changes and transfers I had). So I created an exact duplicate list today, reran it, and it picked up everything to the moment. Should I be creating Exportable Lists every time I need one and then delete them afterwards?

I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having or had these issues or if it is just me.

Domain Days 2024

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never use them. I click the "printable list" option, then select the names, and paste them all into an openoffice calc document. I prefer it to excel.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem with that is the Printable List only offers three fields where the Exportable Lists offer just about any combination.

replic8te

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love the exportable lists, zapping them into excel and using autofilter.

Cant say Ive experienced the problems youve mentioned - the data is always up to date, but I do download them straight away because yes they remove them after some time.

I could suggest calling them up at support and if the rep you get doesnt know, ask them to find out, they always come through with talking to more experienced colleagues, at least in my experience. Maybe its as simple as waiting for their system to catch up to your changes for a few minutes before generating the reports?

gl, Mike

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received several PM's on the subject, including two from GoDaddy. I appreciate their prompt reply. Not sure why GD didn't post their reply in the forum but here it is for the rest of you:

========

Hi there! I'm happy to tell you a couple things about the Exportable Lists--

1. They do delete automatically after a couple days, not a cookies issue.

2. The info CAN be up to 48 hours delayed-- sometimes it's to the minute and sometimes it's delayed. I always assume it to be 48 hours delayed to prevent issues.

3. You can use the printable list as an alternative, but the other people who responded to the posts didn't know this part:
a. Go to the Domains page
b. On the tabs up above, where it says "domains," "buy/sell," "tools," and "help", hover your mouse over TOOLS c. Click CUSTOMIZE ALL MY DOMAINS GRID d. Click on the available heading you want to see and drag it over to the right-hand column. You can also change the "display per page" here, then click OK to save.

If you want to undo it after, just go back and click and drag it back :)

Tess Diaz
Go Daddy Executive Accounts

=========== Response #2 ============

In Reply to your Post GoDaddy and "Exportable Lists":

BELLC1,

The exportable lists never update. These lists are simply files that are generated (at the time of the request), and stored for a short time. Because the reports are not generated each time you view them, only when originally requested, they are only current at the time of creation. As you've noticed, if you access a list after changes have been made, the changes are not reflected - a new list would need to be made. This is likely why they were designed to be automatically removed after several days (because they lose relevancy over time).

I hope this information helps you better understand the exportable list feature.

Alon
Go Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom