Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy Backorder & TDNAM HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Theres a domainname currently @ Godaddy thats set to drop on Oct 30th

I backordered with Godaddy backorder service this morning

Will my backorder automatically kick this into tdnam auction?

Am I better off backordering at the last second?

Please help

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's regged at GoDaddy it automatically goes to TDNAM no matter what you do. They are now evaluating names and plugging them on at higher starting bids. If you wait to backorder till after the auctions, you may be too late as the name goes pending and any registrar can then take a shot. On the other hand, if you backorder before the auction, it will not only register as a first bid amount, but will flag the name as actually having a bid where the others just reflect the starting bid price.
That help at all?

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes it does Steve

Thanks

PS - I hate that I have three backorders with godaddy and they are basically USELESS

kuru

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are lucky if you have 1 backorder with them, I have 21 for the last 6 months. Couldn't catch anything since then. Waste of Money!

KaneCo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are lucky if you have 1 backorder with them, I have 21 for the last 6 months. Couldn't catch anything since then. Waste of Money!

I have gotten about 70 in the last month with godaddy so it just depends on the names you are going for. If snap gets the name and no one pays the 59 for it godaddy will get most likely on the second drop. Sometimes it takes three or four drops but a lot of names godaddy gets this way. In your monitoring page it should tell you if it is being tasted.:eek:k:

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So , by that logic, if I backorder at Godaddy, then the auction can NEVER end up at snapnames as tdnam will start an auction...is that correct?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I find GD's backorders most useful when the domain is not registered at GoDaddy and it's in the hands of a 'kiter'.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
One of these entities that recycle domains every 96 hours (approximately 4 days), re-registering them as soon as they drop thus never paying the reg fee.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, is it worth backordering from Godaddy if one wants to get a name that is currently with godaddy, has expired and is going to drop? If its gonna kick to tdnam as a result of thr backorder, does it make sense to not backorder?

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If nobody else bids on it at tdnam you will get it, so its just like a reminder that its going to auction because you get status emails, and it reserves it for you if nobody else is interested in it after the auction. I had a bit of a chat about this with GoDaddy at the traffic show.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you know how long the auction lasts at TDNAM? Does it kick it to auction 10 days before it drops or longer?

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, is it worth backordering from Godaddy if one wants to get a name that is currently with godaddy, has expired and is going to drop? If its gonna kick to tdnam as a result of thr backorder, does it make sense to not backorder?

Actually i had a godaddy regged name..njr.info backordered a few months through bluerazor and check the whois to see who got it when it dropped....well it's at PocketDomain.com now :?:
Can't even get their own names

jim

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im confused, on one hand Im being told by the domainers on this board that with pretty much 99.99%%% certainty, names currently registered with Godaddy get kicked to Tdnam. On the other hand, I am being told by domainers that Godaddy backorder rarely works, most other registers have a better success rate of securing a dropping domain even if it currently resides at Godaddy. Can somebody resolve this contradiction for me?

Additionally, there seems to be different effect , depending upon whether the domain was backordered prior to expiration, or after.

Any clarification based on past experiences would be extremely helpful, but certainly readers of this board can see there is either a contradiction in everybodys explanation OR alternatively I am failing to properly synthesize the answers I am being given.

Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom