Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy backorder VS WWD backorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello,
I know Godaddy and WWD is two different registerant.
But I still have question,I think both the Godaddy backorder and WWD backorder service use the same scripts,so if I put one name at Godaddy to catch and put the name name to WWD to catch,who will got the name?

I also have another question,there are many reseller of WWD,so I can put the same name to backorder at many reseller's web,right?

Thanks
Bean

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain Alert is the same service at either GD or WWD. Any given domain name can only be backordered once.

Do you have a better chance at Godady than at Wild West? My understanding is yes. I was told by a WildWest reseller rep, that any name backordred at Godaddy has both registrars gunning for it. While any name backordered at WildWest only has WildWest trying to catch it. That really sucks if it is true.

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eh... WWD is Godaddy! WWD is a subsidiary of GoDaddy company group that takes care of the reseller accounts. All WWD resellers use GoDaddys system, as far as I know.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but they are two completly separate registrars,

Welcome BTW

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand they are formally, but if you look at their system, godaddy appears just to use the same as any reseller? the system for backordering will probably poll for changes in fixed intervals. I wouldn't think there is a difference even if they have two separate groups of people. unless they do this manually ofcourse..

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can we get some WWD personel to reply to these threads? It would be nice.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know who said that GD has a better chance than WW resellers. I monitor the domains caught every day, and the ones that have been backordered through godaddy or ww, seem to mostly end up at reseller sites. Maybe that is because more resellers BO at the reseller sites, but of the 25 Great Backorders that I have seen GD?WW catch 14 have been through Domainut.com (WW Reseller), unluckily only one was mine :)

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for your reply.

Where do you get that information, it would be nice to take a look! :)

hehe, don't be sorry.. I had none BOs myself :cheesy:

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godaddy has blue razor catch for them as well...

Intrigue

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I asked for the same thing recently. I think that it is necessary to carry out normal transfer, as if both site haven't any relationship between them

domainjunkie

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've spoken to people at both Gd support and WW support. You can place a backorder on the same name with both companies.

Although WW is owned by GD, they are both registrars in their own right.

As for which one is better, I don't know. I have had pretty much equal success with both so far....

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainjunkie said:
I've spoken to people at both Gd support and WW support. You can place a backorder on the same name with both companies.

Although WW is owned by GD, they are both registrars in their own right.

As for which one is better, I don't know. I have had pretty much equal success with both so far....

I doubt that tech support has a clue. Do your own research. Use a domain that you own. Nobody else should have a backorder on the domain. check GD, then check a WW reseller site. See that the BO is available at both sites. Then place a BO on the domain at GD. Then go to WW and see that you cannot backorder it now. Works both ways.

If the domains can only be backordered at either or, then chances are they catch domains from one Backorder database using the connections of WW GD and BR.

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
people are saying GD/WWD BO isn't good. the good catchers are pool, snapnames, enom... so it doesnt really matter which of gd wwd is best, they are as equally bad kinda..

halfacat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AbsolutelyFreeW said:
people are saying GD/WWD BO isn't good. the good catchers are pool, snapnames, enom... so it doesnt really matter which of gd wwd is best, they are as equally bad kinda..

do you have any substantial info on this? URL's, links, something?

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
halfacat said:
do you have any substantial info on this? URL's, links, something?

GD/WWD has three "known registrars" against pools 60+, enoms 27, snapnames 25.
According to http://whois-search.com/deleting/who.php

For info on enoms registrars check duke's excellent article at DNjournal at
http://dnjournal.com/columns/cover080504.htm

On the plus side for GD/WWD they are still one of the cheapest on the net for Backorders and they do grab some gems occasionally, but nowhere near the magnitude of the others with more of a registrar base.

halfacat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ExpireGuy said:
GD/WWD has three "known registrars" against pools 60+, enoms 27, snapnames 25.
According to http://whois-search.com/deleting/who.php

For info on enoms registrars check duke's excellent article at DNjournal at
http://dnjournal.com/columns/cover080504.htm

On the plus side for GD/WWD they are still one of the cheapest on the net for Backorders and they do grab some gems occasionally, but nowhere near the magnitude of the others with more of a registrar base.

hey thanks for the info, good article too.

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well you can search for it in webhostingtalk.com forum, you will find many posts saying this..

--oops, didnt see the replys on this page :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom