Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy backordering question, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBDomains

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could anybody explain me, if domain have expired month ago, and I used GoDaddy backorder, why I still don't get this domain?

36300_128898080476554_100000690895996_188200_2572566_n.jpg

It writes "Public Backorder Available" (domain expiration date is May, 2010)

Sorry if this question sounds dumb to You, this is my first time when I'm trying to backorder domain.

Also is there any way to register this domain right now?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if the domain wasn't at gd before it expired, then it's highly unlikely gd will catch it

imo...

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If it expired a month ago it should still be in auction at Godaddy. If it is at another registrar see if it is in their auction create an account and bid or back order there and if you win just transfer to Godaddy after 60 days.

AustinWeb

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think SBDomains really understands the process. The domain expires with a chance of renewal within 30 days, then goes into the redemption period, then pending delete and -IF- the registrar doesn't snag it for a last minute auction it will finally be available to be captured. He also expects to automatically get any domain with that process without considering the number of other people possibly attempting to capture it at the same time. Most of the time if I want a domain, I'll setup Snapnames AND GoDaddy. Snapnames wins 8 out of 10 times.

Billnot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it isn't registered with GoDaddy, it's pot luck as to whether they'll capture it for you when it finally becomes available (if it becomes available rather than being grabbed bi its current registrar). They've maybe grabbed about 1 in 10 for me. At least you don't pay if they don't get it, and if they do get it then they don't auction it first.

SBDomains

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But I can't understand, domain expired in May 22, it's registrar is ipmirror.com, but absolutely nothing is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom