Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

GoDaddy Backorders- Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainstrike

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How does backordering work? I know that godaddy only allows 1 person to Back order, so if they happen to acquire the name, then that one person automatically gets it? But if thats the case, why does GD have an "after-market", and what exactly is that? And lastly, does a GD backorder even really have a chance, because Ive heard only snapnames, pool, and enom actually catch things. Thanks !!

PS... Do snap, pool, and enom only allow one person, or is it the auction style where is more than one person backorders then its auction time?

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless the name is registered at GoDaddy you should backorder elsewhere.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>> so if they happen to acquire the name, then that one person automatically gets it?

If the name goes into Pending Delete and when it drops, godaddy gets it, it will currently go to the person who holds the backorder.

If the domain is registered at godaddy, then before it goes into the drop cycle, there is the option to bid at tdnam.com for the domain.

If you have the backorder at this stage and if no one bids, and if the previous owner doesn't renew or "redeem" then you should get the domain after a few weeks.

If someone bids on the domain, this takes priority over the backorder.

>> does a GD backorder even really have a chance

A year or so ago GD had a fighting chance of getting some good names now and then.

During the last few weeks, my experience is that GD will probably catch no names when they drop due to recent changes.

>> PS... Do snap, pool, and enom only allow one person, or is it the auction style where is more than one person backorders then its auction time?

Auction time if more than one person backorders/bids

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think GoDaddy recently caught fcp.com and the guy who placed an $18.95 backorder got it.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Damn, I backorder fcp.com thru SN - Good catch.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chappy said:
I think GoDaddy recently caught fcp.com and the guy who placed an $18.95 backorder got it.

Yes, it does look like Godaddy caught it according to the WHOIS:

Created on: 08-Mar-06

I'm very suprised, as they have been losing ALL the names I went for on a couple of days to those who try to registrar all dropping names.

FCP.com also seems to have ended up within a week in the hands of an end user, rather than domainer. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom