Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy - Banning Singapore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneguy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question :

Does anyone know if GoDaddy is actively blocking registrations and transfer from Singapore ?

It seems that from my contacts here in Singapore, they are not allowed to perform transfers. As GoDaddy puts it :-

"Singapore is currently on our list of blocked countries. We are prevented from doing business with these countries. Please let us know if we can help you in any other way. You may also wish to read through some of the frequently asked questions on our Support Forum"

I'm really curious. Is the reputation of Singapore traffic / surfers really that bad ?

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got Singapore.us if they interested,,,,

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Singapore is great for biz - ban them at your lesiure, I never will.

GoDaddy is wrong, but they chose to do what they want to do and ban who they do not like - their choice.

The thread on WHT about this has over 200 replies I think, left WHT a while ago to.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Their is an extraordinary amount of fraud that comes from Singapore, Malaysia and much of Asia. I can understand it being too much of a hassle for many companies to deal with.

If these countries do not wish to be banned, they need to start cracking down on all the fraud that originates from their countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom