Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy bulk register issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickStagg

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yup, I know you guys have told me that godaddy arent the best to deal with....and I did listen but I find their system ok.....until the past couple of weeks. Just recently I have been using their bulk register service, a couple of weeks ago I registered 6 domains....or I thought I had. Turns out the domains were not actually available to register. Sure enough 4 days later I got a refund from GoDaddy of the fees it had taken from me.

Unfortunately I am at the moment trying to register a large number of domains and YET AGAIN the bulk registration system allowed me to register domains which I checked before I checked out and found YET again they were no available to register.....thank god I checked, cos this time the bill would have been $400+

Just thought I would share this so no one else gets caught out, I have emailed godaddy about this to see what they say. When I contacted them last week this is the response I got:

"Dear Nick Stagg,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

There was a problem during the period when you were attempting to register your domains, but it was with the registry for the domains in question, not our system. This may well be reflected in the registration time that is shown for the domain in question. I apologize for the inconvenience, but want to stress that the issue in question was outwith of Go Daddy's control."

wow, it must have happened to other people as well then, not just people registering domains at GoBatty.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yup i have had the same situation before....all of them at godaddy. About a year ago though, nothing after that.... then again haven't used godaddy for a year now :)

NickStagg

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is absolute genius from godaddy, they replied to me again:

"If the domain is not available the system will not register the domain and will send a registration failed email. Also please note it is recommended that each domain name be individually checked prior to attempting a bulk registration. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused."

So WTF is the point of the bulk registration system apart from the fact that they could take your cash without actually giving you anything, then hold onto your cash for 4 days before giving it back....nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom