Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy buy domains.. Take your money and use it as they see fit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a little tale from the wicked domain world..

A few months back in Feb 2007 I had a little tiff with TDNAM. This ended up in them banning my account and adding a service fee of 40$. They were in their right to do so according to the terms I accepted, even though I found it a bit prickly of them when I just paid 2K for expired domain auctions. So I decided to leave TDNAM and never look back.

Now this leads me to another seemingly unrelated incident. One day in this April I was contacted by the "buy domains" department of godaddy. Apparently someone paid them to acquire one of my domain names. This person paid them 60$ upfront and agreed to pay another 10% of the sales price to them. We have a negotiation to and forth (my god they are slow) always waiting more than a week for each reply from them. Finally we agree on a price and the sale could continue. I wait another week and then get a Email stating that when I am ready to proceed I should give them my TDNAM account number.

Hmmm. Well i write back and tell them that my Tdnam account is banned and I would like to use alternative Escrow or make them open a temporary account for the transfer..

No can do! I pay the 40$ or they wont perform the service they have already been paid for. They gave me an analogy where I was told, that I could not rent another video before I paid my late dues for the last one I rented. No response was made when I pointed out that it was in fact them that wanted to "rent a video" at MY store..

Since my last mail I haven’t heard anything from them.. I would like to know what they told their customer that paid them to acquire the domain.. " well yes the seller wanted to sell the domain.. But we decided we didn’t want to buy it before he settled some other business we had going with him".. To bad the potential buyer looses 60$, I loose a sale and godaddy earns 60$ for doing nothing..

The lesson here.. NEVER use godaddy buy domains to acquire a domain. Since their service is integrated into TDNAM, they will seek to get any debt, owed to godaddy or TDNAM, covered by a potential seller before they process your order.. So in fact you are WORSE of using "godaddy buy domains" service, than if you didn’t. Some guy actually paid them money to go collect their old debts.. He didn’t get much out of it though!

Now I know that most people here would never pay to let somebody else acquire a domain for you. But this just goes to show what a shady operation Godaddy is running.. Stay away from them and sign up at monikers instead…

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
upload one blank html with u r email in and let buyer come to u

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That I already did.. Even gave them the link to see if it made them rethink their strategy.. it dident..

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Dave Zan

Caveat emptor? In the sense that buyers should be aware of their shady practices?

Just to let you all know.. Godaddy caved in today. Sent me a mail that stated that they would unban my account for this transfer and then ban it again. Thats fair to me.. So I am happy.. Wonder if it was the comment I made at bobparsons.com that made the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom