Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy buys another ad on the superbowl...but can't get one approved yet at $2.6 MIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain Days 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definately the window washer

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what's cool is they just dont care..I love it

They know what sells, and who their target audience is...you just can't re-invent the wheel! (other registrars listen up!)

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love the car wash video. She's hot and wet :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and shes a WWE wrestling chick?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds this classless?
The fact that this is being discussed on the company blog just says they are more interested in the controversy surrounding the ad(s) than the actual ad itself. You don't see Pepsi or Ford whoring themselves out like this.

If this goes through and they pull something similar, I hope businesses will realize the professionals they are dealing with, and go elsewhere.

M

mole

I agree that Godaddy really cheapens the overall image of domain names with primetime ads like these. Domain names are not condom hats you wear to stud nights, but it sure seems this is what Bob is selling.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Although I don't see anything sexy about domain names, Bob certainly knows that sex sells.....long after the superbowl is over, people will be remembering that hot "godaddy" chick, and lots of folks will probably find themselves browsing the godaddy website, just where Bob wants 'em. :eek:k:

-Joe

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
I agree that Godaddy really cheapens the overall image of domain names with primetime ads like these. Domain names are not condom hats you wear to stud nights, but it sure seems this is what Bob is selling.
Agree. The chick is nice, but the ads sure make our little industry look cheap. Maybe that's the response Parsons wants? Is that a big pearl earring he's wearing? Sheesh :cheeky:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Domain names are not condom hats you wear to stud nights

I love those things! :eek:k:

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Joe said:
Although I don't see anything sexy about domain names, Bob certainly knows that sex sells.....long after the superbowl is over, people will be remembering that hot "godaddy" chick, and lots of folks will probably find themselves browsing the godaddy website, just where Bob wants 'em. :eek:k:

-Joe
He will do it at the expense of his company's image if this goes through with any controversy at all. GoDaddy's target customer base (businesses) in many cases should be smart enough to come to the conclusion should there be a second controversy that GoDaddy is promoting itself at the expense of Fox, Fox's clients, the American public and the worldwide audience. It should do more damage than good for GoDaddy (this time around).

This is my opinion.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ohhh yes, everyone is sooo offended by a chick with her shirt on whos acting all bubbly and sexy...hurry & cover your kids eyes! LMAO

There is alot worse on cable dude...the image is DOWN TO EARTH, like normal people are..like most people that buy and sell domains and own websites...

btw- their business like tripled after that last Godaddy superbowl event..word of mouth my friend!

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
ohhh yes, everyone is sooo offended by a chick with her shirt on whos acting all bubbly and sexy...hurry & cover your kids eyes! LMAO There is alot worse on cable dude...the image is DOWN TO EARTH, like normal people are..like most people that buy and sell domains and own websites.
I don't think most of us (that don't care for the ads)are "Sooo offended" at all, but come from a place where we know low class and cheap ego driven Carny marketing when we see it. Great ad for a bar or strip club or girls gone wild t-shirts (then I might buy one) but not so good for selling serious business websites. His target market watching the super bowl really would be small biz, the domainers already know all about GoDaddy and he doesn't need to spend more than 10 cents advertising to us.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The point of a Super Bowl ad is to reach an audience and to get your brand out there. This commercial does that. All of us are already aware of Godaddy hence it's pointless other than for entertainment. Personally I liked the commercial..it was great. It's not a domainers commercial for sure and it's not professional at all but it sure is nice looking. :)

Commercials are for one purpose..branding. This definitely does that.

I was trying to get something witty in there about her breasts but I just couldn't muster anything.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Her tits rock..does that work?

:shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom