Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXTDryFly

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are these needed? If so is there any risk.

Domain Days 2024

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In short, no. GoDaddy is attempting to do two things with this seal: marketing and trend. They are trying to make you advertise for them while trying to start a trend with "Certified Domain Seals". If this was truly important, more companies would implement this, more users wouldn't buy without it. Don't waste your $$$.

hittjw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While the GoDaddy seal does all the things mentioned here, from an eCommerce prospective certification clearly displayed in check out navigation does increase conversions.

If you can't afford Verisign or any of the other popular assurance logos, then the GoDaddy seal is okay.

I use it only on my core top-level sites and have tested it on long-form opt-in. The seal provides better conversion than no seal, however, any assurance seal works equally well. Getting the seal really depends on what you are doing with it.

Best,

Justin

Ps. I haven't tested making up your own "Assurance Seal" and linking it to a pop-up which displays a summarized version of your privacy policy. I suspect if you make it look official enough, that seal will be just as good as GoDaddy's. Test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom