Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

GoDaddy.com home of the $3.99* Domain Name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you seen that at GoDaddy's site:

That's right! Domain Names are just $3.99* with any non-domain purchase of $3.95 or more!
Choose from .com, .us, .biz, .info, .net, and .org. Special pricing reflected in your shopping cart at checkout. Limit 1 $3.99* domain per order.

How WWD resellers will keep their customers with so many functions and promotions that are available to GD customers but not to WWD resellers?

Matrix1976

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ForumDomains said:
Have you seen that at GoDaddy's site:

That's right! Domain Names are just $3.99* with any non-domain purchase of $3.95 or more!
Choose from .com, .us, .biz, .info, .net, and .org. Special pricing reflected in your shopping cart at checkout. Limit 1 $3.99* domain per order.

How WWD resellers will keep their customers with so many functions and promotions that are available to GD customers but not to WWD resellers?

i just saw that on godaddy site and was about to post about it cause once again, i am very pissed at how they treat their resellers like shit...once again, i am tempted to start my own registrar....only a matter of time i guess....godaddy, u asked for it thinkin your all high and mighty....sure startin a registrar costs alot of cash, but at least that way there is no one to stab you in the back and steal your sales....way to go godaddy....

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's only good for one domain though. So it's useless in my opinion. Yahoo did the same thing, you can get one domain for 4.99, WOW, one. Who cares about one, when some starts offering domains consitently for 3.99 then look out, I'll be one of the first customers. I am also a Godaddy reseller and it's pretty much a useless venture, other than the discounts there are no benefits, we could never beat Godaddy.

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
acronym007 said:
Yeah, that's only good for one domain though. So it's useless in my opinion. Yahoo did the same thing, you can get one domain for 4.99, WOW, one. Who cares about one, when some starts offering domains consitently for 3.99 then look out, I'll be one of the first customers. I am also a Godaddy reseller and it's pretty much a useless venture, other than the discounts there are no benefits, we could never beat Godaddy.

I can not share your enthusiasm about uselessness of the venture my friend. Most of the customers register one name and one email account or one hosting account or one website tonight account. So, it is a very very strong marketing argument!

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, this offer is already modified!!!

There is no quantity limit now and you can not only buy but also transfer or renew domain names for $3.99 with every non-domain product you buy at or above $3.95!

Looks like price war is accelerating huh?

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainFolder said:
I guess it depends on the price of the non-domain product that you are buying. What's the cheapest non-domain product that GoDaddy sells?
Just buy a backorder. They don't expire.

~ Nexus

nyspqr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy's backordering is a great deal. You keep the credit until they aquire the name that you want. Godaddy has captured 4 out of the 5 names that I wanted. Not bad.....

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess most of us here as Godaddy resellers not happy how they market their service. Especially now that they actually spent at least 2.5M advertisement in super bowl. This means that they want the market to go them direct. We as resellers, we have to be on the side.

:-(
Hopefully they will realize that soon ...

Em

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TheWatcher said:
I guess most of us here as Godaddy resellers not happy how they market their service. Especially now that they actually spent at least 2.5M advertisement in super bowl. This means that they want the market to go them direct. We as resellers, we have to be on the side.
:-(
Hopefully they will realize that soon ...

Em
Not a chance. Enom and OpenSRS seem to do right by their resellers, but of course it doesn't count for much with GoDaddy (and its prices) getting such public attention. They certainly have their resellers out-manuvered. Ouch. Talk about below wholesale prices. You can't beat a loss-leader strategy with only the same product as an only product to sell.

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom