Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to start a thread that says how much I HATE Godaddy. Not only do you get raped on renewal rates, but in order to get any type of discount you have to either join a discount club, or call up an executive account rep on the phone. The thing that annoys me the most is the website. It's always changing, and there is so much garbage on the screen that I cannot even figure out what to click on. Add to this the many screens with all the additional services they are trying to sell me. Forgot that you they have something set up to manually renew? Yup they get you on that too. The main reason not to go with GoDaddy is that they will steal domains out of your account within 10-12 days and auction them off. Trying to renew two .us domains now and get two different renewal rates in my cart. One for 7.95 and another for 19.95. I have wasted so much money with this company over the years.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Deleted member 73132

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy has been the BEST place for me to register domains. The fastest, cheapest, and most friendly.
I have nothing to gain in defending them in this post except my experience with them. I recommend above everyone else
and I know if someone has a negative attitude it is something they did wrong.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's called upselling and GD is the best in the world at upselling you. How else can they afford the Super Bowl ads.

Something you may not be aware of is GD now has a greater than an astonishing 50% market share of all registrations so they must be doing something right.

The really good thing about GD for many users is the fast, knowledgable and friendlly 24X7 support.

With that said, I still think Moniker is excellent overall for most domainers and has the smoothest to use, most functional, and easiest navigation website..

Last edited:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy has been the BEST place for me to register domains. The fastest, cheapest, and most friendly.
I have nothing to gain in defending them in this post except my experience with them. I recommend above everyone else
and I know if someone has a negative attitude it is something they did wrong.

What other registrars have you used my friend?

Deleted member 73132

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Several and I my experience with godaddy was by far the best. I do like Moniker too.

Deleted member 73132

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like the account execs who take care of that where i don't even have to make 1 click. But I must admit I wish there was a real express checkout option so you don't have to look at the add-ons

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not only do you get raped on renewal rates, but in order to get any type of discount you have to either join a discount club, or call up an executive account rep on the phone.

Google "GoDaddy Discount Codes 2010" or just look at the thread on this forum. Yes, their prices off the bat are pretty high but with some careful renewal tactics you can save a lot of $$$.

Besides, if they're this bad then transfer them out.

I will admit, though, all the "add on" pages are annoying as hell.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I belong to the discount club. Its June but dear 'ol (beloved by some here as a 'marketing genius') Bob 'Thug' Parsons has already increased his rates for me. Hey, why wait for July. Just updatin' our software so we'll be ready, I suppose.

Thios is why I am moving to development and let names drop like rain. Someone else can buy them and, unfortunately, still pay Bob no matter what. His is the pay dirt in this business. Of course, there is the Verisign and ICANN alliance, of course!

EG.domains

GenericDomainMarket.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The people in this thread who don't like GoDaddy, what do you recommend?

Currently, half of my domains at Moniker and the rest at GoDaddy and I just wanna settle down with one registrar.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Currently, half of my domains at Moniker and the rest at GoDaddy and I just wanna settle down with one registrar.

I have no problems with godaddy. I just email my rep, and the renewals are taken care of at good prices. And the security is awesome if you have your account locked down.

However, fabulous and dynadot also rank high on my list. Excellent pricing, support, interfaces.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Sapphiro

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm same like the other poster above, godaddy has been the best registrar for me so far.. (Previously I used name.com, but I switched all my domains to GD since last year)

For GD coupon codes, the cheapest right now I can think of are the followings:

$5.99 .com registrarion: gofivgsg1 , gofivgcn1 & gofivgind2

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go Daddy for me and my vip account rep is outstanding.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Godaddy is a necessary evil in this biz IMO. I have been using their premium listing service...It is wild as I have been getting checks in the mail without even knowing the names were sold...their 30% on the sale is crazy, but the sales may not have happened otherwise. Overall, I like godaddy and have a little more than half of my names there...I still feel that I am being shaken down and have to negotiate every time I contact my account rep, he is good overall though....

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy with an Executive Account is a completely different experience.

Brad

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Brad

true. said that, i had 90% portfolio with GD till '07. What I like most about the GD is they understand the demand.
+ve About SELLING / MARKETING - have discount clubs, they generate promo codes for others, they provide free stuff on purchases
+ve About HELP - have help guides (one of the best I see - DIY), executive (Discount club),
+ve About Website / Interface - Best Domain Manager, Hosting Panel, Easy to use interface, Drag n Drop as well. Definitely thumbs up for Website Quality
+ve About Acceptance - Big portfolios used to stuck screens and I suggested to support / improve or do pagenation. They did , really did about 2-3 months later!

-ve About support (hmm,, agree not that great, I would have won a marathon and still would have been waiting for their reply), i remember, calling from India to US (pretty expensive) umpteen # of times for getting a small changes done... phew!

I must say, all the other registrars have improved considerably in last 3 years in terms of pricing, user panels, communication.
So, people have now the options to move anytime they feel the current registrar is not what iis/was expected.

Biggest concern for them should be support services. good promotions can only bring new customers but great Services can sustain these customers and increase the vintage and loyal customers.

Till the time i do not have any hard experience with them, til then "SO FAR , SO GOOD " of 8 years with them...

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I have domains at probably 8 registrars, my least favorite GoDaddy for reasons mentioned above, mostly the PIA checkout process.

My favorite, Dynadot....great interface and features.
At bulk pricing you pay $7.25 .com for new domains $7.50 .com renewals, $ 5.75 .net renewals.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
However, fabulous and dynadot also rank high on my list. Excellent pricing, support, interfaces.
Same here

But you still have to cope with the same bloated interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom