Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

GoDaddy.com - Review this Registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

playpics

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think it is sux, it took my money from paypal prepay option.
I did not buy anything at all,
and one day morning I waked, then I received an e-mail from paypal which related to the transaction from Godaddy.com
But i did not buy anything at all,
I checked my godaddy account, then I see the receipt says about 75 x webhosting I have purchased. come on, Am I stupid to buy 75 webhosting at one time?
then I went to webhosting for checking, but i do not see any purcahsed webhosting plans?

this really confused me!

............ DAMN IT, FFFFF UUUU XXXX KKKK, UUUUUUUU! Godaddy

beyond.domaining

www.BeyondDomaining.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even thought they get a bad rap, i actually like GoDaddy.

Pros:
1) excellent customer service. if you have over a certain number of domains with them, they put you in a VIP class of service. 24/7 phone support, etc.
2) lots of bells and whistles with their hosting accounts and they even install applications like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc for you.
3) super cheap. just about the lowest price in the industry

Cons:
1) their web management admin interface is slow as sh*t - super slow. their site hangs all the time. it was built using ASP which is horrible for large sites like theirs.
2) you don't get much protection from things like trademark disputes, etc. answerable is better for this.

SuperDaddy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its good but the web has alot of stuffs to load...

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have gotten a lot of pass the buck service from godaddy if not downright jaw droppingly bad to inept. But out of the appetizing array of options to develop a site I would have to say there is a 98% chance the passwords won't work, the support emails are BS, god i could hsot a talk show.

I tired of posting about this.
Out of no less than 8-9 different account setups from intiial domain buying and hosting account setups, i would say none of them executed well or efficiently if at all. Screwing up basic passwords, directory trees, ftp everything. When you lose credibility client after client there is no other way to articulate it.

i have been embarassed with Godaddy hosting client after client. i let about 5 names expire no drop auction nothing in the last month i got so fed up with seeing the word godaddy in my inbox. i cancelled 4 hosting accounts in the last 2 months alone with Godaddy. it doesn't affect me when other people say they got service. it just makes me angry Godaddy decided those others were worth the efficiency, and i wasn't.

Getting the hosting discount emails makes me furious. If service hadn't been discounted i'd have about 6 more sites running. my vonage bill was practically 1800 godaddy help desk, a toll call if it wasn't insult enough. I will never find reimbursement for the time, worry, embarrassment, project abandonment and loss of faith with clients due to Godaddy hosting.

Last edited:

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not even if I had drop every domain I 'owned' would I have anything to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom