Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy.com's Trafficblazer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1fanaticgt3

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a new site that I bought from GD yesterday. I really want to develop my site and get lots of traffic. I have read about niches or specifically e-bay banding/niche on another post if it is even called that. Basically his site had a bunch of e-bay auctions listed on it. Whenever someone from his site bidded and won an auction the site owner received a nice commission. After thinking about wanting to actually develop my site I realized I should just give it a shot. What the hell!

It seems that the hardest part of any website is getting it noticed on search engines and having traffic directed to it. When going through the checkout process at daddy's I saw a special price of $20 for a program called Traffic Blazer. It says it can help you do everything you need to be listed in top search engines as well as other features. It was only $20 but what have you guys heard or think about Traffic Blazer? Should I can it and get a better program or set-up?

Thanks a lot!

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That makes two of us interested in that. I've been learning by hard knocks only, but I'm starting to get specific visitors, and landing on top 1-4 pages in searches.

f1fanaticgt3

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats great! How were you able to do that? If it weren't for traffic blazer (which i still dont know how to use) I would have no clue as to where to start to get listed.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm landing, but very little traffic. And I removed one re-direct site to cash parking which may hurt.
It's been a slow and lnog process. Thie site, in one form or another had been around since 2003 or so, and wasn't dot-commed for first few years. My story, if I explained it would be titled " How NOT to make money on the Internet".
Please take any 'advice' from me with a spoonful of salt.

I forgot to add. Look at a competitors site, that doesn't even have a good, relevant dot-com.. Look at his keywords. Sometimes, you can learn something there. Not always though, because many have deep enough pockets for OTHER media advertising. I dropper the yellow and white pages because I wanted to CUT BACK on my workload, so things have gotten much quieter.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google "Search Engine Optimization", the good ones will come up first. :)

SEO - the basic is having the right keywords placed in the right place with the right "decorations" (header, bold, italic, etc..). That is the basic behind SEO, but it's also like saying the atom is the basic behind chemistry.

Quality inbound links also help.

f1fanaticgt3

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So you mention looking at a similiar sites keywords. What exactly are you looking for? Where would the keywords they use to help with search engines be at?

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google SEO to find lots of info and dig down to the free stuff. Or at least affordable.

Right click most any site and select 'View Source". Look for 'meta tag' lines. Compare different lines such as 'Title, Content, Keywords, and compare that to what you see on the site. Are they relevant to each other? You don't need a site like YOU want to build. The IDEAS you see will work for you, if not the actual words and phrases you see.

Me? I google random 'things'. I look at the source of some of the top listing to try and fugure out how they got there. It's sledgehammer approach. Google "SEO Tutorial" to find a good site with better explanations.
Please understand! I'm just learning too and have little to nothing of 'knowledge' to really help you. I am a beginner, and read voraciously here and elsewhere. And try to understand what is working for some, and what isn't.
Some of the 'dots' I see for sale here boggle my mind. And make me wonder if it's just bots running the site to lure us in to spend!:lol:

I googled central va roofer and got 1 site on page 1, the other on page 2. To me, it's who I target, not how many I target. I could change things and get more general traffic, but I'm targeting a certain audience.

f1fanaticgt3

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alright. Thanks a ton for your help so far! I really appreciate it. I will be certain to try that out!

Toxin

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dont do it! Trafficblazer is a waste of your money, You can do everything that it allows you to do on your own, 95% of the directorys and search engines you have to manually submit to your self traffic blazer doesnt do it. Here is the list so you can do it your self
https://products.secureserver.net/trafficblazer/searchenginelist.pdf
If you want more traffic get some content on your site then join all the social linking sites and add your link. write some articles and post to the article sites with a back link to your site and put up a blog on blogger write an article and link back to your self, then go to other peoples blogs if they allow you to leave a comment leave a comment and put a link to your site in the comment. Join forums and put a link to your site in your Sig. All the back links will boost your traffic and search engine ranking. It will also increase the value of your domain if you decide to sell

I should add something to my post, just because you submit to all the search engines doesnt mean you will be on them any time soon. Sometimes it takes 6 to 8 weeks before your site is crawled that is why i said to get your link on social networking/bookmarking sites, blogs and article sites which are crawled on a regular basis because their content is always changing google will check them out then crawl back to your site via your link

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom