Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy customer support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have no idea the stuff I have been thru with them...I had them tie up ALL my 700 traffic domains to their parking pages for several days..after 12 calls & yelling and cursing, multiple reps and ten explanations I finally got them to fix the forwarding as they had an "issue" with their system supposingly, even though I had called tech support for 3 days about it...this is of course forwarding that I never messed up to begin with..lesson learned? They make alot of PPC revenue with those long forwarding/dns update delays...think it's an accident? It should be instant other than normal propagation times across the web for dns changes...being the #1 registrar in the world supposingly I don't feel I should have wait hours (the minimum) or days for forwarding or dns changes when places like enom and domainsite are instant...just such a pain in the a$$ to move them all..or it would be done already

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus,

Sorry to hear that. That's the reason I use namecheap.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah namecheap kicks a$$ too...got a few names there myself..really easy to manage names there...

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ouch, sorry you guys are having those problems

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with all the constant problems i see mentioned in this forum about godaddy.com i don't understand why you guys/gals keep using them. must be missing something.............

mediamark

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the reason we keep using them is because the benefits outway the problems most of the time. I am currently experiencing the PPC/Parked Page problen with all of my domains. Support seems to have no clue that GoDaddy is losing revenue also.

Can someone else look at some of my links and tell me if they can see these pages www.mediamarkonline.com

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been *trying* to transfer my last 5 names out of my WW acct for mos to no avail. They are org and us and need the auth codes but the auth codes never arrive in my email even though the site say's they were sent numerous times and my email addr is good. They refuse to give it using any other method. I have now given up any hope of transfering away. Not sure what can be done? All kinds of other diffficulties with them too. They were good a few yrs ago when I was a big supporter but no more.

SuperBrandables

SuperBrandables.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeffreyw said:

This is a sad statement about GD customer support. I would be embarrased if I was the president of a company that treated customers that way. GD has gotten too big, it's time to boycott their company and cut them down to size. Just my opinion.

Jeffreyw, I hope you can get your network back up and running soon.
:peace:

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not know the details about Perkel's issues, but I also have experienced less than great support from GoDaddy.

Also, it seems somewhat irresponsible for a large Internet company like GoDaddy to not have staff from their Abuse department there at all times.

seeker65

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the caller is to blame not Go Daddy if you ask me, I agree with the Go Daddy employee you are always responsible for your own servers and what happens on them

Go Daddy has always been good to me and they like any business have polices and someone always thinks the policies do not apply to them

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had excellent support from godaddy during the last couple of years.

I rang them a couple of days ago to solve something urgently (ie I wanted an answer and solution within minutes if possible) and they did it for me.

I know that things do go wrong and mistakes are sometimes made, but at the moment, I personally can't fault the support they are giving me.

I do have an "account executive" status, so that might mean I get better quality service.

seeker65

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do have an "account executive" status, so that might mean I get better quality service

I have "account executive" status also as I have over 10,000 names with Go Daddy.

They do treat you good and have the balls to be honest with you, I don't act like a jerk or throw my weight around.

I was never treated as good at NetSol or 1and1 as I am at Go Daddy

T

tekz999

I have near perfect customer support from my account executive.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How does GoDaddy decide which customers get account executives?

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the caller is to blame not Go Daddy if you ask me, I agree with the Go Daddy employee you are always responsible for your own servers and what happens on them

Go Daddy has always been good to me and they like any business have polices and someone always thinks the policies do not apply to them

The caller (as you state) is an employee. Part of the machine.

The caller is trained, informed.

seeker65

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The caller (as you state) is an employee. Part of the machine.

The caller is trained, informed

Wrong the caller is the customer - the person calling Go Daddy - who is at fault in this case

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom