Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy dedicated hosting ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone using this that can comment on service?

-=DCG=-

TrafficNames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go for 1and1 or other companis godaddy has no expertiese in this area.they are newbie company

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am happy with Hostgator dedicated $174/1200GB mont + whm ($50 off without whm). However not managed, so I am learning Linux management now...

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I struggle to believe that TrafficNames has even tried their dedicated hosting. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's very reliable.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the support at GD are nearly 0

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
....and you cannot run your own smtp, you must use their gateway.

I have now tested 3 servers with them over the last 3 weeks.

If you know how to manage your own boxes they are fine but it is true if you need them their support stinks. The biggest surprise is there is no toll free number for support.

They rarely answer their tickets, asa matter of fact I have one a week old that nobody responed to. I called in and it was resolved fast.

-=DCG=-

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, yeah, they have some support issues to get resolved. And yes, them not having a toll-free number system annoys MANY people. Another one of Mr. Parsons' beliefs, aka he can't afford it.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
> They rarely answer their tickets, asa matter of fact I have one a week old that nobody responed to. I called in and it was resolved fast.

tickets from control pannel dosnt work at all. the only support@godaddy..... is reachable but from times to times they answer nearly after a whole week.

another big disadvantige is the SSL is not setuped properly and looks to enother directory. the admin didnt manage to setup any OS commerce script with their host so I am looking for another one with same prices.

DotComGod said:
....and you cannot run your own smtp, you must use their gateway.

I have now tested 3 servers with them over the last 3 weeks.

If you know how to manage your own boxes they are fine but it is true if you need them their support stinks. The biggest surprise is there is no toll free number for support.

They rarely answer their tickets, asa matter of fact I have one a week old that nobody responed to. I called in and it was resolved fast.

-=DCG=-

MarkMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i suggest you try powermedium , been using them for 3 years now.. excellent support , i sometimes mess things up with Linux :)

they own hostway and so many other names ;) i did a lot of research before i hosted with them

they have boxes in so many places , in united states, europe and even china.

prices are negotiable , i never pay the prices listed on the site

after the last time i used their support i decided i have to recommend them to anyone that asks for a host

good luck

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you figure they OWN Hostway? They absolutely don't.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have looked at them a while back and decided to go elsewhere. I would only use them for registering names.

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Heres my short review:
Godaddy's hosting isn't working out well as the prices are stated.

But as godaddy is a well reputated company its worth giving a try but I will suggest you again The Planet or ServerMatrix for servers.

Those are the companies which are experienced in all this as while godaddy just have an good name in the domain market.

Regards

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the dedicated servers are for people that know what they are doing. there is a different class of support for these called expert hands.

MarkMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kase,

they do own hostway .. i called hostway support and their support before

its the same sale people , same support people same everything. , in fact i am on a hostway ip right now. So you would think they work together right.. well their site are designed by the same people . and their rules are the same.

so .. if they have same sale people, same support, same designer for the website, and they share ips.
what would you conclude?

LuckYou

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah ,.. they are new to hosting...
that is what i knew!
and i do use forcerock

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A client of mine who also has a hosting account with GoDaddy (their "Virtual Dedicated Server" plan) just told me a couple of days ago that they actually suspended their account (with ALL the websites he hosts for HIS clients) for 3 (yes, THREE) days without responding to his emails and support tickets. They eventually reinstated his service and apologized, but you can guess he'll never trust them again. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom