Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy Deletes Domain Name for Inaccurate Email Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Owner of FamilyAlbum.com finds his domain was re-registered by another GoDaddy customer.

http://domainnamewire.com/2007/02/27/godaddy-deletes-domain-name-for-inaccurate-email-address/

Many of us are aware of the Seclists.org debacle, but this is going a little too far.

If this is true, then I would venture to say that a great many of us are in danger of losing a domain or two or numerous over such antics.

Out of date email? Phone number? Address? Contact info?

Better check!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's scary!....For me, I usually park my worthless domains at Godaddy, so I'm not too worried.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What I'd like to know is why do the GD links in the article have an affiliate id?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I'd like to know is why do the GD links in the article have an affiliate id?
Yeah, I see that now. The only other link is for Seclists.org but that takes you to the article.

Not making much sense as a reseller usually has a Wild West Domains account, not one attached directly to GoDaddy.com.

Unless this journal is taking direct ads as an affiliate of CJ as there does appear to be a cj in the affiliate code.

Damn, Acro...always on top of the crappola. I guess that's better than being under it. :cheesy:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't mind clicking on ads knowing what they are. But I detest the "context" links that attach affiliate codes. It's just not right. A journalist reporting a story should be detached from kickbacks.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't mind clicking on ads knowing what they are. But I detest the "context" links that attach affiliate codes. It's just not right. A journalist reporting a story should be detached from kickbacks.
I couldn't agree more. It would appear to be a conflict of interest.

However, I can't see someone reading this story and regging a domain at GD.

Aw, hell. Who am I kidding. There is a huge gap between "reading" and "reading comprehension".

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
GD's chicks are all over their pages. Maybe Bob Parsons wants to be the Hugh Hefner of domains!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yessiree...gonna change the name to PimpDaddy...or YoDaddy.

Yeah, Baby! Who's yo Daddy?

D

Deleted member 5660

It looks like kontera-like advertising. This site (dnforum) uses similar advertising. Log out and do a search and you will see some of the text is double-underlined with paid links.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey that's just to torture guests not members ;)

-=DCG=-

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey that's just to torture guests not members ;)
A method to the madness afterall. :approve:

That's why the site best-work-at-home-directory.com appears. You can tell they aint asking for an appraisal on this site on that hyphenated monster.

But, if it works for them, it works...period!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom