Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy Domains at $5.19??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I stumbled across an ebay auction that is selling information to purchase GD domains at $5.19. Has anyone else heard of this price? I wonder if it is a scam by saying you have to purchase another non-domain product of theirs.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It might be legitimate... GD puts out "codes" a lot of the time where you get really cheap names. Although, I've never once found the actual terms that apply to those discount codes; so I wouldn't want to register a name and then down the road have them cancel it over a few $ discount, if it wasn't meant to be used like that.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just checked: add traffic facts and voila - 5.19

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey lilian.....go ahead and tell them how it works, and who showed you the tricks :)

oh what the heck....ok you buy traffic facts with the domain for 1.99 it makes the domain 3.99 and then at the end you use the code usa6 or usa7 or candy or paypal to take another $1 off....$5.19 each domain....but you have to do them one at a time unless you dont mind paying 6.19 each...as the code only takes $1 off the whole order, which can be time consuming since godaddy's checkout is the longest of any registrar...theyre still the best though...

then before 30 days is up and the traffic facts renews at 1.99/mo you just go into your account control panel on the bottom right to revewing payments/items and cancel it...I have cancelled hundreds of them, they dont care..I even spoke to a dude at godaddy who said they know but it doesnt matter to them, they know most people will renew their names next year and buy other stuff so the long term roi makes it worth the $5.19 reg to them...they dont make or lose money on the deal...just more customers.

AND they can't take away your domain over $1 or two...if you arent suppose to have the code it wouldnt exist or it would be a one time use code, these are longstanding promotional codes that give credit to the referring source of the code....dont know where the others come from but obviously the code paypal comes from ebay/paypal....if it came to them having an issue with a code they would just charge you the $1 back and bill you via email..

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After using Moniker's new system, I could never go back to the over-bloated GUI that is Godaddy - no matter how cheap their domains.

Plus their 60 day transfer rule.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great advice. First time I used it.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
does this work for renewals?
I have a about 50 or so there that are expiring within the next week, so I cant transfer.
thanks.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, and here I was thinking their '$5.19' domain regs had ended 2 weeks ago or so. Thanks for the heads-up!

Best,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom