Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy don't answer my question of why I haven't received payment yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've sold a domain through GoDaddy Premium Listings on Feb 19, I've set paypal as preferred payment method since the day they started to offer this option. When I've received the email from GD saying the domain was sold it said also that it would take them 5 days to check if the buyer was legit and after that 1 day to pay to my paypal account.

Today is March, 5 and I'm still waiting payment, I've contacted their customer service 3 times, they say they will ask to the accountants why I haven't received payment yet but they never answer me back with a reason why I haven't received payment yet, after 14 days, I'm still waiting payment or at least a reasonable reason of why they haven't pay me yet. The domain is in the buyer's account already because I received the emails from GD when the domain changes accounts, and I checked the whois and it already has the info of the new owner, so I understand they don't give the buyer the domain until they confirm that the funds are legit, if the buyer has already the domain, why I haven't received my money yet????????????

I'm sorry to be so repetitive, english is not my main language and it's hard for me to express my anger with the right words, I don't know what to do, write for the fourth time to GD customer service to receive no answer again? I don't see the point of wasting more time, I hope someone from GD reads this and fix the problem ASAP (if someone from GD can help me and need to know my username or the domain I sold, send me a PM please) or if someone knows what can I do, I would appreciated any help too.

Thank you all.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hola, Argie : 14 days is actually not that long, I am not defending GD but you're kind of on the cusp, 14-21 days is what it takes sometimes, and as you said, once GD knows the buyer's funds are OK they simply move the domain from your account to his, then you get an email saying "Your Transaction is Complete" and that you'll get the pymt in X days, but because this was a Premium Listing (I've never sold any in that section) they may need longer since the name was probably an expensive one (and when the domain is actually with another registrar GD will take longer)

There are Go Daddy usernames here, like 2 or 3, search users by name and you'll find the DNF user IDs, PM them or write a post on the last thread they made an entry and refer to this thread, you should get an answer. Each GD username on DNF may be used by more than one rep, so expect anyone to answer you. Now, if they already sent you an automated email saying "You've Been Paid" then it could be more serious since those are not sent until payments have actually been disbursed (did you check your Paypal acct lately ? you probably did, but if not then the payment could just be there and you simply did not get Paypal's email notifying you they received GD's funds, also ck your Account Settings >> Security and make sure your Paypal address appears as it should)

As for expressing your anger in English I have problems sometimes expressing it even in my own Spanish LMFAO ....GD has wronged me many times but not getting a payment for a sale has not been one of those cases, it's a black or white issue, when they see they never sent the payment you'll get it, so save your energy for when you REALLY have a problem with Go Daddy, and believe me you'll need it ! (if I find a specific email add for a rep in GD Auctions I'll PM you but normally they don't give customers their own email adds) And once you have a REAL problem w/them then I can officially welcome you to the club.... ;)

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ever wondered how Bob made it to the billionaires' list?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, however he did it and no matter how some DNF users feel about him, it is impressive, he is among the 1,000 richest people on earth and the world's pop is 7.25 B (although he's in the bottom 100) He's among the richest 400 in the US with a pop of 315.5 M

His Xmas parties are memorable and GD's events are often talked about, I actually blasted him in 2008 for throwing a Xmas party for which the tab was $2 M+ in such dire times, I can only imagine what his 2013 Xmas party will look like now that he's really elite and the DOW hit a record high just today. Take his entire staff to Tahiti on his own fleet of private Dreamliners perhaps....? I keep hearing he treats all people who work at GD really well, though and he often rewards them handsomely (at least before that cut-throat private equity team took over) ....and will we ever hear him again talking about the subject that made him rich ? (something called domains...) I hardly ever hear him talk about domains anymore, just how he made it and got wealthy...and he's 62, that's not old anymore, so he'll live plenty to enjoy his fortune

Ever wondered how Bob made it to the billionaires' list?

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Right. He also goes on safaris to kill elephants.

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And I'm still without my money and without domain because it's already in the hands of the new owner....

angel69, many people have many different problems with GD, they can be simple problems or complicated problems, in the end they are all problems that need a solution, and GD is not giving me one, and of course I checked my paypal account, do you think I'm 10 years old?, anyway thanks for taking the time to stop by my thread.

U 2 Theo ;)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Argie, I was not implying you never checked your Paypal acct lol, it's just that since you're exactly in that window (14-21 days is normally when the money arrives in your PP acct) I thought maybe the money got there like yesterday and PP did not email you the funds were there, it has happened to me, I don't ck PP every day myself, so I thought maybe you didn't either. The fact that the item was sold in Premium Listings has to do with this delay, no doubt. I'm sure the sale amount was somewhat high and expensive sales are scrutinized more no matter who the auction service is

I'm not minimizing the effect of not getting GD's pymt, you may need the funds, but if you do as I said (PM the GD usernames on DNF, or write a post on the threads they had the last entries referring to this thread) you're likely to get their attention. I know [email protected] is where I've been told to send disputes/enquiries but I'm sure you tried that. Call Accounting too and ask if there's record the payment was made, that's why I asked if GD had sent you the email that reads "You've Been Paid" If you got it then there's a problem, if you didn't get it then GD's internal systems are showing that disbursement never took place

Also, email the buyer thru the WHOIS or the EMAIL BUYER link on your SOLD domains column on GD Auctions, tell him to contact GD saying he got the name and it's in his GD account. Just a few weeks ago my buyer placed a dispute on our deal because he still didn't have the transfer codes he needed to transfer the name from Dotster (where I had it) to GD, and that was cuz GD had NOT sent me that email. After he got the domain in his GD acct a couple of weeks went by and the dispute still had not been lifted. I contacted Auctions and even after seeing the domain was in his GD acct they still required him to email GD Disputes telling them the domain was in his GD account ?! These things happen all the time, and good luck anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom