Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:huh: Can not get Godaddy.com to load? Anyone else having this problem? :mad:

Thanks,
DD

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Strange. I keep getting the dreaded "Cannot find server or DNS Error" from IE. Everything else loads, but not GoDaddy.com. Wonder what is going on?

Thanks,
DD

Jaques

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
domaindirk said:
Strange. I keep getting the dreaded "Cannot find server or DNS Error" from IE. Everything else loads, but not GoDaddy.com. Wonder what is going on?

Thanks,
DD

Fine here :eek:

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I cann't visit Godaddy yesterday evening unless I use a proxy.

Ricado

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's Ok for me. I just registered a name.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tried accessing GoDaddy on the systems at work. Nothing. This system is about as good as you can get, and when I click on anything related (links, banners) to GoDaddy, it eventually locks up after reading for a long time. I emailed them and the email the sent back even has problems loading. I tried with both IE and Netscape. Anyone connected with GoDaddy in this forum, please PM me! It's hard to renew a domain if I can not access your site.

Thanks,
DD

Can finally access GoDaddy.com now. :-D
Don't know what the heck was going on. Never seen anything like that before and I hope I don't ever again. %+|

Thanks,
DD

:mad: DANG IT :mad: Guess I spoke to soon. I am having the same problems as before. Does anyone in this forum have access to a GoDaddy.com employee? If so, please get them to PM me in this forum. Their emails will not load.

Thanks,
DD :-(

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tried through MegaProxy.com and got the homepage. Anything past that and I got the following error from MegaProxy. This was a simple domain search test.

"SERVICE ERROR
AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED WHILE PROCESSING YOUR REQUEST:

https://registrar.godaddy.com/register.asp?se=+&rhl=hp_dom_search

PLEASE NOTE THE ERROR DETAILS BELOW:

Megaproxyâ„¢ error: Usage of POST is temporarily disabled.

Anyone have any clue as to what might be going on?

Thanks,
DD

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had problems for a short while earlier too.

Funny thing was that I was able to connect from one of my computers, but not the other - both being connected to the same modem.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very, very strange things going on here. I emailed my ISP about the matter, and will call tech support at work tomorrow about it also. An "brief" phone conversation with the ISP support desk go a little scary when they uttered the word "hacked". Hopefully this problem will be cleared up ASAP.

Thanks,
DD

**NOTE** The internet coordinator responded and stated that they were not blocking anything. He gave me another link to try, but it did not work. he said that it appears GoDaddy, by mistake or design, is blocking access to their site. He recommended giving the website another day to see if the problem clears up. I will, but, I sincerely hope that they are not blocking me from their website on purpose! I know that they block certain countries due to credit card fraud and government restrictions, but not a U.S. citizen! I emailed the president of GoDaddy asking for immediate resolution of this problem.

DD

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got in touch with Douglas Preston Jr. at GoDaddy.com. He stated that they are finding out that there is a router on a network somewhere in southern California that for
some reason has bogus DNS information for their site. They are trying to
contact the administrator of this router to find out why and what can be
done to update this information. While they cannot guarantee that this is the
issue in my case without having the results of a trace route from me,
my situation fits all the symptoms that they have been seeing.

I am unsure how to do a trace rout. Can anyone get me going in the right direction?
If I do not get access to my GoDaddy account soon, I will risk losing some important domains!

Thanks,
DD

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:cheeky: Back in business! I am able to access GoDaddy.com! Thanks to the efforts of Mr. Preston and his staff at GoDaddy. :approve:

dosoqi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It works fine for me.. I remember things been going weird recently !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom