Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy Files with SEC for IPO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize GD filed for IPO. :hail: But apparently they have, status TBA

Domain Days 2024

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Following this myself. Will probably jump onboard when the stock is for sale. :)

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Following this myself. Will probably jump onboard when the stock is for sale

Good idea to buy stocks of a company which is looosing every year since 99...

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes but there will be a good amount of hype for the IPO. Chances are it will go up for a while and then drop like many IPO's for big companies do.

I'm not going to bet my retirement on it, but I think there is definitely some money to be made for those who get in at the bell.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I expect this will be the kind of IPO where price never goes up...I mean people sometimes behave stupid, but not THAT stupid...

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree. While GoDaddy has lost money, they are one of the most well known registrars due to their advertising and branding. I expect the IPO price to be fair, but also cheap enough for everybody to jump onboard.

In the domain world, many of us would rather not use GoDaddy, but you have to remember that most investers are not domainers. Most people that I know can't name one domain registrar besides GoDaddy. It's the only one as far as the "noobs" are concerned, and there are way more noobs than vets in this case.

Like I said, it may not go up and up forever, (I highly doubt it will), but I am confident that it will see a jump at the beginning. The media will eat this up, as GoDaddy is a huge well known company.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
007 said:
Yes but there will be a good amount of hype for the IPO. Chances are it will go up for a while and then drop like many IPO's for big companies do.

I'm not going to bet my retirement on it, but I think there is definitely some money to be made for those who get in at the bell.

I strongly agree. Their financials didn't look all that impressive when I reviewed them yesterday (ofcourse I can't find them now) but I believe there will definetly be some money to be made within those critical first few days.

In the words of Jim Cramer - SELL SELL SELL :laugh:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of shorting it...their business model is basically crap...and I doubt their growth over the next few years will be all that special.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll pay you $100 if you can prove to me that you have ever shorted a stock in your whole life.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, this could be a good way to make fast money. But dont drop everything you have into it....

Remember Vonage.

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Salient said:
I agree, this could be a good way to make fast money. But dont drop everything you have into it....

Remember Vonage.

I hate that name, Vonage, lost money on them. Lost more on Vodafone (spelling). LOL, bought into tech stocks about a weak before they took a nose dive! My timing was amazing.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:
I'll pay you $100 if you can prove to me that you have ever shorted a stock in your whole life.

How should I send you the proof?

Give me your fax number and I'll give you my Paypal address...

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As is the case with any investment, you must do your research and realistically determine the volatility of said investment before droppin xxxx amount of dollars.

I don't see it being much different from what we're doing now with domain names.

Remember Investing is not risky. Investors are.

I wouldn't hold stock GD (ticker: DADY) for more than a week.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would strongly agree that this stock, when released, will have quick pump 'n' dump.

We are already thinkin' it....and....we are posting about it.

I'd say no more than two weeks - In then Out.

I wouldn't go so far as to short this stock, but I wouldn't hold it long either.
Pump and Dump --Noobs never knows what hit them.

*This is not legal advice only my opinion

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am talking about long term here...Godaddy may get some good press and jump a bunch at the start, but over the long term this company doesn't have much promise.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think GoDaddy will remain successful ;).

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think GoDaddy's IPO will open lower than expected, and the stock will struggle from the get-go. Horrible customer service plus losing money every year is not overcome by brand recognition.

Bountyhunter

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A quick glance atthe S-1 filing shows:

2005 Revenue $139 million Losses 11.6 millon (would have been 13.6 million but they received a 2 million dollar settlement (Verisign?) so would have been 13.6 million in losses

2004 Revenue 72 Million Losses 3.6 million

2003 Revenue 39 Million Losses 774 thousand

2002 Revenue 16 Million Losses 2 Million

Two share classes: A shares for outside investors one vote. B Shares all owned by Bob Parsons having 2 votes. Wont have instutional investors clamoring to get in on this

20 million in losses in 4 years..not near as bad as Vonage's 455 Million to date losses..Caveat Emptor

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bountyhunter said:
A quick glance atthe S-1 filing shows:

2005 Revenue $139 million Losses 11.6 millon (would have been 13.6 million but they received a 2 million dollar settlement (Verisign?) so would have been 13.6 million in losses

2004 Revenue 72 Million Losses 3.6 million

2003 Revenue 39 Million Losses 774 thousand

2002 Revenue 16 Million Losses 2 Million

Two share classes: A shares for outside investors one vote. B Shares all owned by Bob Parsons having 2 votes. Wont have instutional investors clamoring to get in on this

20 million in losses in 4 years..not near as bad as Vonage's 455 Million to date losses..Caveat Emptor

I agree 20m in loses is a bit much. There is steady growth however, double digit growth, (When was the company formed ?) Either way I believe this will be a very volatile stock to hold especially long term.

The fact that there are only 2 share classes, one being held entirely by Bob :suspicious: makes me wonder.

- SELL SELL SELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom