Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone here that can help me ?. I have "quite a few" domains and would like to list them through GoDaddy directly BUT I chose to go through Afternic as they seem to accept I own them much more easily than GoDaddy. Trouble is I am not quite sure how legit Afternic is.
Almost all my domains are protected by Privacy and owned by several companies ,all mine. HOW can GoDaddy verify these WITHOUT sending me thousands of emails ??. Anyone here could help me ?.

Thanks
DG

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Contact Afternic directly. And yes, they are very legit.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still ,I would like to deal direct with GoDaddy I think. Anyone at GoDaddy on here can assist ?

Thanks

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me this. If I list "a" domain name at Afternic and it then shows in GoDaddy auctions, if anyone makes an Offer on the domain would I (A) Receive Notice of that Offer and (B) FROM WHOM, GoDaddy,Afternic or who ?. (this is kind of a trick question but will get your answers first)

Thanks

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The service you have the domain actually listed on (Afternic in this case) will be the one presenting the offer, typically w/a higher % commission and/or higher minimum commission amount, so if anybody sees your domain on Go Daddy and makes an offer on it you'll get Afternic delivering the actual offer

Can someone please tell me this. If I list "a" domain name at Afternic and it then shows in GoDaddy auctions, if anyone makes an Offer on the domain would I (A) Receive Notice of that Offer and (B) FROM WHOM, GoDaddy,Afternic or who ?. (this is kind of a trick question but will get your answers first) Thanks

You'll be waiting some time, domaingenius, look for the GD usernames on DNF and ask them publicly. But this is not an issue for GD to resolve but for Afternic. You said on the OP you chose Afternic to list the domains with and not GD, right ? So, GD is off the hook here. Funny you said something on your OP since GD is actually pretty easy to list with, you click on the link sent to you and ownership is verified, others force you to unblock the WHOIS or make you send a snapshot of your actual CP which is intrusive

For listings on Go Daddy Auctions directly GD always emails the admin in the WHOIS to verify ownership for domains regged elsewhere, whether you have private or public records, and typically they only send one email per domain so I don't know what you mean when you say "thousands of emails" were sent to you, in fact many times they don't even send that one routine email so you have to contact them for direct GD listings. But why are you getting verification emails from GD Auctions in the first place when it's Afternic (the MLS member you gave the listing to) the one in charge of corroborating ownership ? This is weird...

Still ,I would like to deal direct with GoDaddy I think. Anyone at GoDaddy on here can assist ? Thanks

Last edited:

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The service you have the domain actually listed on (Afternic in this case) will be the one presenting the offer, typically w/a higher % commission and/or higher minimum commission amount, so if anybody sees your domain on Go Daddy and makes an offer on it you'll get Afternic delivering the actual offer

You'll be waiting some time, domaingenius, look for the GD usernames on DNF and ask them publicly. But this is not an issue for GD to resolve but for Afternic. You said on the OP you chose Afternic to list the domains with and not GD, right ? So, GD is off the hook here. Funny you said something on your OP since GD is actually pretty easy to list with, you click on the link sent to you and ownership is verified, others force you to unblock the WHOIS or make you send a snapshot of your actual CP which is intrusive

For listings on Go Daddy Auctions directly GD always emails the admin in the WHOIS to verify ownership for domains regged elsewhere, whether you have private or public records, and typically they only send one email per domain so I don't know what you mean when you say "thousands of emails" were sent to you, in fact many times they don't even send that one routine email so you have to contact them for direct GD listings. But why are you getting verification emails from GD Auctions in the first place when it's Afternic (the MLS member you gave the listing to) the one in charge of corroborating ownership ? This is weird...

Thanks for the reply. For now let me deal only with the listing my domains with GoDaddy issues. My domains are mostly NOT registered at GoDaddy but I do have account with them for some years with a handful or more of domains. I DID list several thousand domains with GoDaddy auctions (the ones registered elsewhere) and all those had whois privacy on them. I started getting tens of emails from GD asking me to Verify EVERY domain. They were seemingly sending 1 email for each domain name. That would mean that I would have to sit there and click through thousands and thousands of domains in order to be able to Verify all the domains and have them listed on their auctions. I THEN though "sod this" I dont have time to click through thousands of emails SO I delete all of them from GD and listed them at Afternic ,which meant they showed on GD auctions through them . Afternic did NOT verify many domains and yet they all showed ok at GD. Of course if I only had a hundred or so domains I would happily list direct with GD and be done with it. What I am looking to find out is whether there is anyway to BULK verify all my domains, BUT GD have told me so far that there is'nt.

The other issue of whether offers made through GoDaddy should be notified to me by GD or Afternic I will come back on shortly. IN meanwhile if anyone has a "fix" whereby I can verify all my domains direct with GD without receiving 1 email for each domain then pls let me know !!

Thanks
DG

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems that GoDaddy will NOT list domains that have Whois Privacy even though I have received an email via the whois privacy email and verified them correctly by clicking on the link. Do they expect me to remove whois privacy on every domain ? Oh well will have to sell them myself I guess is much easier.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom