Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy holds domains hostage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I added the letters LLC after my company name across my GoDaddy domains recently and now GoDaddy is refusing all transfers for 60 days. The form mail that I get states that the domains have not been at GoDaddy for 60 days - and that is total bullsh*t. I called, and they refuse to unlock the domains. They interpret ANY change that you make in registrant contacts as if it is a totally new registration - and they have the nerve to pretend that this is done to protect the registrant!

Has anyone had any success getting around this? How do we complain to ICANN and Verisign about policies such as this?

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, they take all changes to the registrant field (amongst others) as a "change of ownership".

There's nothing that can be done about it, unfortunately.

They have several equally ridiculous policies, I avoid them where possible.

- Rob

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just experienced this from them with a couple of my names. Pure BS if you ask me when you change something that minor. I understand where they are coming from, but come on adding an LLC or adding my full name instead of a middle initial? Anyone know is this is an ICANN rule or just a GD rule?

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One person complained to ICANN exactly about this. A few days later, GD told
him/her a mistake was made and s/he can transfer anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom