Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

2002mjf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, could someone please point me in the right direction. I have Godaddy hosting and I am trying to add a second domain, but all I keep getting is a 500 internal server error. I tried googling and following the instructions and then finally calling Godaddy. The godaddy rep said that everything looks like it was set up correctly and to wait a couple of more days. It has now been 3 days and I still get the error mssg. I have followed the instructions to the letter.

A little bit more info on what I am doing.....I am trying to add a PHPbb forum to my site girlforum.org...All the files have been uploaded and I have even deleted the .htaccess file.....Anyone????? I am drinking too much coffee and getting a little crazy trying to figure this out.......Thanks a lot, Mark

PS If anyone provides any instructions for me, please talk to me like I am a 2 year old as this is the first time I have done this.....

Pluto459

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the 500 error is from bad file permissions or bad htaccess or if you are running too many process on the server. Not sure why godaddy didnt tell you this.

If you deleted the htaccess then it is more than likely yhe permissions are not correct on the files. Check that. If godaddy support wont help you really need to leave.

Eraser

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check if your files has 644 permission.

BTW, it's better if you move your site to elsewhere.

2002mjf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup....it was the permissions....Changed them to 666 and 777 and now it works fine...Luckily I have a month to month hosting account with Godaddy, so I changed to Hostgator. I didn't know how to create databases there so I did the "live help" option and he walked me through it in about 5 minutes.....Not bad!!!!!! Cheap and pretty straightforward cPanel.....

T

tekz999

Yes I like hostgator, but the downside is they do not allow cron jobs to run in less than 15 minutes interval.

2002mjf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UMMMMM being kind of new to this, what would you use a cron job for in less than 15 mins.? Isn't it just for backups and emails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom