Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy ..If You are registering a .INFO or .BIZ or .US

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddys Registration Agreement item #24.

Is this new or old?

jim

24. provisions specific to ONE-YEAR .BIZ, .INFO, AND .US registrations
If You are registering a .INFO or .BIZ or .US domain name and You elect to take advantage of special pricing applicable to one-year registrations, Go Daddy will automatically renew Your domain for an additional one-year period at the end of the first year term by taking payment from the Payment Method you have on file, unless You notify Go Daddy that You do not wish to renew. You will be notified and given the opportunity to accept or decline the one-year renewal prior to Your domain name expiration date. In the event You decide not to renew Your one-year .info or .biz or .us domain name for a second year, Your domain name registration will automatically revert back to Go Daddy and Go Daddy will gain full rights of registration to such domain name.

You agree that if You delete or Transfer Your .INFO or .BIZ or .US domain name during the first year, You will automatically be charged the second year renewal fees.

Str

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WTF?
I really don't get it.
I've sold 100's of .us .info and .biz and many of them have even been transferred out by the ppl who bought them....also I've many many domains like rest of us sitting there which I registered @ godaddy just coz of the lower prices...this is really gonna kill me. :\

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Str said:
WTF?
I really don't get it.
I've sold 100's of .us .info and .biz and many of them have even been transferred out by the ppl who bought them....also I've many many domains like rest of us sitting there which I registered @ godaddy just coz of the lower prices...this is really gonna kill me. :\

It's in the registration agreement..do they enforce it??

I Think this is what it's about..feel free to correct me if I'm wrong..I know you will

When .us first opened there was a 2 year mandatory reg period. Godaddy started a 1 reg period BUT paid the registry for a 2 year period..mandatory at the time..I remember having a conversation with godaddy about why I was getting billed for a .us name that was still regged for another year..I had only taken the one year reg.option and If I wanted to keep the name I had to pay for the second year OR it reverted to godaddys account..The confusing part was that it was showing regged to ME for the 2 YEARS showing my registrants info with a exp. date of the two year period.

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom