Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

GoDaddy - Is it fine to have two account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundctrl

Coolest User Ever
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hm, good question. i've tried opening accounts a few times, 2 or 3 of them, but never finished the process, so i'd be curious to know what you find out.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I assume it is ... they created new accounts for registerflysucks customers , whilst Im sure a lot of customers already had GD accounts .

jovigirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a problem once with some domains trying to be hijacked and they created a secondary account for me and moved those domains to it, while my main account remained fully active, and it still is.
I don't know why it would be a problem.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 4 now with the regfly takeover (3) ...I don't want to combine because of the 60 day registrant lockdown at godaddy so I'm slowly transfering out.. It is a pain checking through 4 accounts to find a domain though :yes:

jim

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
with two godaddy accounts you have twice the problems.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welkin is right to worry.
With Enom for instance you can have problems with multiple accounts... I had purchased a domain via Sedo and they pushed it to a fresh Enom account while I already have 2 accounts there... Account flagged by security risk dept.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not experienced and problems with my 2 godaddy accounts, but I do plan on consolidating.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can have more that one account.

-=DCG=-

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
still the 60 day transfer out rule (lock) if consolidating multiple accounts though??

jim

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can just push all the names to one account...the lock does not apply in that case..you could have 10 GD accounts if you are a paying customer! I have had a very good experience with GD and have like 50%+ of my names there with no problems...prices are great too

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can just push all the names to one account...the lock does not apply in that case..
Sure about that one? Pushes to other accounts always enacted the 60 day restriction for me.

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure about that one? Pushes to other accounts always enacted the 60 day restriction for me.

If you have the same registrant info, it shouldn't lock it down, it's only supposed to be when there are changes in the registrant info.
But that lockdown is a shame, and against ICANN's regulations.
They call it "security measure", but as such it's worthless, there are better ways.. the only thing it does is to make sure you stay and pay GD and nobody else.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone with issues and the lockdown rule please PM me your account id. Give me a week to work magic.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom