Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

godaddy is not helping in retrieving back my stolen account

Status
Not open for further replies.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,
my problem is my godaddy account was stolen & the hacker changed the password & the email of the account but the good news are i notified the support to lock my stolen account & they do so very fast & all my domains in that stolen account are still there & all my domains are with my email in the whois, the hacker changed the whois except my email :)
so i contacted the support & they notified me to fill a change of account/email form & i done with the documentations they need but i received a reply fro them that they can't assist me cuz i'm not the registrant in the whois & they told me to contact the registrant (he is the hacker!!!!!) but as i said before he didn't change my email in the whois for all of my domains in that account, so from the experts, my problem is not with each domain itself, my problem is: how can i retrieve back my stolen account after it was locked? how godaddy.com can help me to change the hackers email on file to mine to make me reset a password to my email?
it took a very long time with them & no one in godaddy stuff is helping, i think it must be very easy if someone from the godaddy support profesionals see the payment method i was using in my godaddy stolen account & ask me about it or ask for a proof of it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Did you call them on the phone?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no via email, english is not my first language & i'm from egypt.
from your experience, how can my problem can be slove?
biggedon the problem happened already, i just need how to slove it?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Your English is just fine, I would hate to guess the phone bill for a phonecall to support though.

Email them asking them to examine the IP records and ask to escalate the matter to a supervisor.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i replied them again as you notified me to do with what you said to see what will happen, & hope to retrieve back my acount, i'm now half satisfied cuz the account locked & all my domains are still fine there but hope also to control them again, so that i asked here to see from experts what i must do exactly in the same situation.
anyone was having the same situation before? & succeeded in retrieving back his account?

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks alot for all of you for your help, i called godaddy support on phone & they solved all my problems in just a very few minutes, & now my account was retrieved back to me & all my domains are safe :) :)
i'm very happy.
when i retrieved back to my account i discovered that the hacker was going to push all the domains to another account but when i gain control again to my stolen account i entered the pending push section & canceled the push he tried to make.
i guess i was very lucky, i think that i was very fast in attention the same time my account was hacked & the support to to lock my account at that time & now of myself to be more satisfied, i pushed myself all my domains to another new account.
so my last question to be sure, i canceled (now) the push the hacker tried to do at that time but didn't succeed due to i asked support to make the account locked at that time, & as i said before i (now) already pushed my domains myself to another new account, so can the hacker from his account make "fast accept push" of what was notified to him at that time or cuz i already canceled the push so no harm will be make?
& please notify me if there's anything else i must do or make sure of it to be in the safe side.
thanks alot & have a nice day

Brett Lewis

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on getting your names back.

Your account probably was not hacked, so much as your email address was probably compromised somehow. The administrative contact email address is the key to your account. Yahoo and Gmail accounts are not safe to use for your email. You should definitely be using a different email account. You should also have your computer screened for malware. If you can afford it, whois privacy protection also keeps a potential hijacker from knowing what your email address is, and without that, it makes it harder for them to steal your names.

Good luck!!

Brett Lewis
http://www.trademarkattorneys.com

Last edited by a moderator:

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Regarding this thread, which is the most secure registrar to use nowadays ?. I just received by usb security stick from Fabulous which is on top of the other question and answer security and the executive lock, all of which can be applied to any part of the domain process that you choose. Is there any safer than that, and what ?. Also wonder if any of you are using Trusteer Rapport to help ?. At least my best domain 6trhihrpjhnjn.com should be safe now.

DG

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

my

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Do not ever did i say ever open a email and log into your account period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom