Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So far I have put domain names on Sedo and Afternic.

Just starting to look at GoDaddy and understand from research the GoDaddy "Premium listing" comes with a 30% commission if domain sells through there premium listing channel. Which is higher than Sedo and Afternic... so need to factor that in when pricing my domains.

My questions.

I know everyone will have different opinions on this... but can I get a rough idea of what is the preferred way to sell domain on GoDaddy among DNForum users?

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a discussion worth having--if only to get the attention of those slob designers at GoDaddy. Although GoDaddy owns a huge market share, they lack a bulk upload feature such as both Sedo and Afternic can offer. And it is extremely difficult to experiment and switch between the different listing types on GoDaddy. Once a domain is listed as a 90-day make-offer auction item, it is FAR from convenient to convert it to a premium listing or a 7-day auction or vice versa. Typically, you have to delete the old listings one page at a time and then re-list the domains another way.

The upshot of all this is that it's very difficult to perform a comparison of the methods by switching it up with one's own domains. And change is labor intensive. So making the right choice the first time is more important on GoDaddy than on another site like Sedo, where modifying the settings is a piece of cake.

I don't have answers on this.

Echoing the question
uestion
estion
stion
ion
on
n

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom