Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy Loses Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I lost several high traffic domains (1000+ uniques per day) when Godaddy recently screwed up the merging of accounts, deleted my account completely and pushed my domains to someone else. The happy recipient took the opportunity to transfer my domains to another registrar.

While my domains were still at Godaddy I emailed their support five times and received automated responses ("How to retrieve a lost password" etc). They also requested the last 4 digits of my credit card, only to tell me it didn't match the details of the account my domains were in. These guys are really bright.

Take my advice and transfer your domains away from Godaddy while you can, before the retards lose them for you.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not any of my single word names fortunately, just high link-pops. All together making around $300/month from PPC.

I'm really not that worried about the names themselves - I'm more annoyed that they would be so negligent. It would have just as likely happened if the names were premium .com's.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow,

Couldnt you sue for this?

I am pretty sure this is WAY too far.

i have heard of names gone missing for a few days, but GONE FOREVER to some1 else?!?!

Not acceptable AT ALL.

I love godaddy :-(

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess you could suem at www.suem.net I don't own that one by the way.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That "database mess-up" had hit me as well. Lucky that I finally recovered all my domains (by faxing them identification documents). I then transferred everything out, leaving only a few there now from sales and auctions. I would never again recommend people to use GoDaddy.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Losing $3600 a year income is a big hit. I would definitely have my attorney speaking to them about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom