Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy mistake costs me a domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Man, don't pay $1.5K for such a site.

I know it was your baby, but it was an Indian fan site not having fabulous traffic, and probably not making any money, so i suggest you move on. Use your backup to re-build the site on another domain, its the best thing you can do.

I dont defend GoDaddy, but dont pay for their mistake!

:: PlanetSRK - ShahRukh Khan - Home ::
PlanetSRK is a central location providing millions of fans worldwide the oppurtunity to obtain and discuss (forums) the latest information on ShahRukh Khan: ...
www.planetsrk.com

bchawla

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
xmas13 said:
Man, don't pay $1.5K for such a site.

I know it was your baby, but was an Indian fan site not having fabulous traffic, and probably not making any money, so move on. Use your backup to re-build the site on another forum, its the best thing you can do.

I dont defend GoDaddy, but dont pay for their mistake!
The site was making around $15/day avg, roughly $450/mo..
it had decent traffic, enough to pay for servers :-(

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
PM sent

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you sure this wasn't a case of allowing your domain to expire? If so, it's mostly your fault. Are you telling the whole story? After doing a WhoIs:

Updated Date: 25-jun-2006
Creation Date: 24-may-2004
Expiration Date: 24-may-2007

The expiration date would have been May 24th, 2006. After being dropped, it looks like someone got a hold of it on June 25th, 2006......Is that what happened?

bchawla

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
meganerd said:
Are you sure this wasn't a case of allowing your domain to expire? If so, it's mostly your fault. Are you telling the whole story? After doing a WhoIs:

The expiration date would have been May 24th, 2006. After being dropped, it looks like someone got a hold of it on June 25th, 2006......Is that what happened?
Na, Godaddy confirms the domain was transferred on the 10th (at least that is when they initiaated the process) -- the person started the actual changes today (nameservers, proxy, etc.).

Furthermore, i would have noticed if the domain expired -- they usually disaable the NS to wake the owner up

ANd If I am not mistaken, from the expiration date, it takes about 90 days for a domain to be dropped. Anyone care to chime in?

meganerd said:

Oh by the way, the expiration date IS INDEED on May 24, 2007 -- i had rewned the domain for 2 years

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did a whois on domaintools.com and it has all of your information still. :confused:

Did you get the name back?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the other member emailed Godaddy to say their email had changed to the one without the dash and to request the login details be sent to them. They then logged into your account and pushed the names. I don't see why Godaddy wouldn't lock the name and complete an investigation.

Having your whois details on the domain should be good for something.

Do a whois on Godaddy for the name and then report it for invalid whois information since it is your details and the domain is not in your account.

If the domain makes $450/mo like you state, I'd take out a loan since you dont have the $1,500 and get the name back. I'd only pay if it was your last resort.

bchawla

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I wonder if the other member emailed Godaddy to say their email had changed to the one without the dash and to request the login details be sent to them. They then logged into your account and pushed the names. I don't see why Godaddy wouldn't lock the name and complete an investigation.

Do a whois on Godaddy for the name and then report it for invalid whois information since it is your details and the domain is not in your account.

If the domain makes $450/mo like you state, I'd take out a loan since you dont have the $1,500 and get the name back. I'd only pay if it was your last resort.
GoDaddy finally responded -- the domain is now locked !! I just sent them all the info they requested, I hope to hear back from them very soon.

Site makes 450/mo, HOWEVER< the rackspace server is 500/mo -- so i'm still in the hole $50/mo + Update costs (graphics and such) -- Hence the reason I can't afford 1500 loan either :)

jdk said:

Something certainly happened that allowed him access to my account. I hope they resolve it quickly

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck to you. Did you have your domain locked by any chance?

bchawla

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
meganerd said:
Good luck to you. Did you have your domain locked by any chance?
Yep, I locked ALL domains on my account...

WHat does everoyhne suggest as a permium Registrar? I am moving my domains out of Godaddy due to all the horror stories...

I got the domain name back!!Thanks everyone!!!

I got the domain name back!!Thanks everyone!!!

GoDaddy's corporate office responsed -- it was horrible - they were trying to sell me a serivce to prevent this! I really want to get this message across to everyone -- i do not care if GoDaddy receives poor publicity now
Please take al ook at my site
http://www.chalona.com/godaddymistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom