Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

GoDaddy: Offer Received... Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

iKim

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone, i'm newbie (and new member here :)) and i really need help because i received an offer through GoDaddy and i don't know
if i should accept it or counter. I started to buy domain only from 6 months so generally i buy expired, low price auctions or hand reg.
i received the offer on an expired domain i bought 2 months ago'. Offer is 65$.
Have you some advice?
Thanks,
Kim

iKim

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would you be happy selling it for $65? If not, counter with something higher.

Hi Draggar thanks for your help.. here's the point..i think i should be happy, it's an expired i bought it 2 months ago' for 2.95$ so :) but i guess if i could take more of 65$..
another question is, which could be a reasonable price to counter in this case? Could i lose the buyer?

Thanks,
Kim

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PM me the name, perhaps I can help ya ;)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No way to tell (unless someone here is psychic?). I (personally) don't like to haggle around - if I make an offer it'll be very close to the max I'm willing to pay and the same when I'm selling.

Other people like to ask as little as possible when buying and way more than what they want when selling to allow for more haggle room.

$65 offer on a $3 name a few months later - not bad, you'll pocket $62 - that is guaranteed (well, if their offer is genuine and legit). But, who knows who the buyer is and what they think. You could counter with $100 or scare them away or even counter with $250 and they could accept.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Always counter. You never know what you can get unless you ask for it!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$65 offer on a $3 name a few months later - not bad, you'll pocket $62 - that is guaranteed (well, if their offer is genuine and legit). But, who knows who the buyer is and what they think. You could counter with $100 or scare them away or even counter with $250 and they could accept.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after GD puts their sticky fingers in it $55.80.

iKim

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks so much for your time and advice. I think i'll counter up 150$-160$ ....just trying to get more :smilewinkgrin:

Thanks,
Kim

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try $500, worst case they might counter at $250 to meet you somewhere in the middle. If you are going to spend all your time flipping domains for $50, you are best to spend your efforts on other hobbies.

iKim

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's input! I Really appreciate!

Here the situation : today i countered back with a message attached for 350$ ...now...fingers crossed!! :)

Thanks,
Kim

dv82

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good luck Kim!

J

JudgeMind

if you are happy with the name you still have the option to send the domain to auction. This way if there is someone else interested in the domain you could get a higher price. The bid of $65 will be the starting/reserve price for the auction so you are still guaranteed at least your original offer. Keep in mind that people are always looking for the domain for the best price they can get. I have had offers of $100 on sedo that ened up selling in the $1,000+ range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom