Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

slumbum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have called and written Godaddy at least 3 times regarding my domain having their ads served on my domain. At first they said, "It takes up to 48 hours for forwarding to initiate."

I have submitted trouble tickets twice...and nothing. Not even a response! I'm a long-time customer...and a good one.

Godaddy is going down in quality and customer service. IMHO.

If they don't get their act together, I'll go back to Moniker.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's true. Typically, It does take a couple of days for these things to take effect. And I've also seen on the last day it resolve back and forth, then finally landing on the new nameservers. That's with most companies.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have called and written Godaddy at least 3 times regarding my domain having their ads served on my domain. At first they said, "It takes up to 48 hours for forwarding to initiate."

I have submitted trouble tickets twice...and nothing. Not even a response! I'm a long-time customer...and a good one.

Godaddy is going down in quality and customer service. IMHO.

If they don't get their act together, I'll go back to Moniker.

you left Moniker for Godaddy? lol

slumbum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, wait 15 minutes and everything changes. I had a gripe with Moniker, because they did a batch renew of a lot of domains I intended to let lapse. Those domains weren't purchased together but over a span of time.

Godaddy isn't bad, but they are tricky with their doman forwarding, and if you change the nameservers and don't set the "forwarding nameservers" (as I just learned) correctly, you will get ads.

64.202.189.170. is their forwarding ip address.

Happy Domaining everyone.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is moniker the alternative choice to godaddy? or is there something better? new here, want to find out more!
clear.gif

There are plenty of good registrars, sadly for the forum Godaddy isn't one of them. Good options are:

Moniker
Fabulous
Namecheap
Dynadot

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm currently recommending Fabulous.

GDHosting

Go Daddy Hosting
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
slumbum,

It sounds like this has been cleared up. None the less, I want to make sure you get the support you deserve. Please private message me if you would like to discuss your experience further or if there is anything I can do to help.

Regards,

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
slumbum, Did it ever resolve for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom