Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy - Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried to renew a domain on Godaddy.com with Paypal, but it's asking me to add a credit card. I don't get it. Isn't the whole point of the use of Paypal, so you wouldn't have to use your credit card? Am I clicking something wrong, or is this right? Someone reply. Thanks.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Happened to me too.
I transfered most of my names out of there.
It takes like 20 minutes to complete a registration there.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, its a bug.

the same applies for all GD resellers.
you click on paypal, and when you log on, instead of being able to pay, it asks for a new CC

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's an ongoing problem they never resolve for some odd reason. You must at first complete a credit card form defeating the purpose of using paypal. Not sure if really a bug as I suspect it is by design and the way they want to do it, perhaps somehow needed due to their paypal contract you must first agree to. The process of being approved to use paypal is complex involving that special contract and stuff.

Also, the 2nd time and thereafter when you want to pay using paypal you need to enter your special login information which they have emailed you or they gave you at the time you completed their paypal contract. If you do not have it handy you need to go thru the entire process over again with new forms. To make matters even worse they seem to arbitrarily impose (a fairly small) credit limit on allowed paypal payments regardless of how much money you have in your paypal acct which seems quite odd.

An amazingly complex process they have created for such a simple service as paypal is. It seems if you were paid money to design a more difficult and complicated process you could not do so.

Called tech supt but they never heard of the issues and was weary to discuss it for a long time especially since the technician sounded new. They are usualy excellent but not on these couple issues. Except for the paypal problem and the fact you can not push between reseller accounts I am very happy with them overall.

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everytime I want to register a domain, I have to press "No thanks" about 5 times just to get to the shopping cart.

111media

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Everytime I want to register a domain, I have to press "No thanks" about 5 times just to get to the shopping cart.

Alexander, that is right on target. Until GoDaddy quits forcing me to decline every add on product on my way to checkout they will never be my #1 account. eNom is great because you can keep up to 50 items in your card to buy later. You can select JUST the items you want on the way out and you only have 1 step to buy.

I keep a GoDaddy for .WS registrations and for the 'push' of names I buy from people that have them with GoDaddy.

Having a $6.95 eNom reseller account doesn't hurt either. :eek:k:

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy said that you need to add another credit card for " back up"!! And no matter how many credit cards you have had been verified by paypal, you still need to add another new card for using paypal method!
I do not know what idea came across godaddy's mind, but it must be a stupid policy for increasing their business.
I had planned to spend my paypal fund at godaddy and they just forced me away, so I have to keep going back to enom and spend money on enom.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alexander said:

It is because they are doing something called 'upselling' where they offer you extra cost stuff after the initial purchase. A lot of expert marketers do that. Have you ever purchased an item on late night cable tv or an infomercial over the phone and they spend more time trying to upgrade you or offer an extra item than the actual item purchased? That is Upselling.

That is exactly what GD/WW is doing and the secret on how they manage to be so successful and offer 24X7 tech support and great features, superb control panel and misc free stuff like masked forwarding etc for such a low reg fee, and be the #1 quality low cost registrar, IMO.

This is why other registrars often cost more and why places like Tucows (with less benefits plus no 24X7 support) are so much more costlier since they do not often sell extra cost services whereas GD/WW sell loads of extras all the time due to all their new screens which come up when you try to checkout.

I see nothing at all wrong with it. There are quick ways to nove thru the screens and it really only delays the checkout by a matter of perhaps 15 seconds or so if you have a bit of experience with their process.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's just GoDaddy's way of securing an active cc on file for auto renewals and "bad whois" fines.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't understand.
Can I pay with paypal or not?
I don't see an option to pay by paypal.

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can pay with Paypal, however you need to add a credit card which renders Paypal somewhat superfluous.

dvdrip said:
I don't understand.
Can I pay with paypal or not?
I don't see an option to pay by paypal.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At checkout all I see is two options:
Credit card
Check

Then I select Credit card and they ask for my credit card details.
Then there is only a checkout button which I believe will charge my credit card.

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like they are finally trying to fix the problem.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is their responce:
Thank you for contacting customer support. We currently do not accept paypal as a
form of payment. Paypal is having some issues on their end. We have removed the
option to pay through paypal until they fix the issues on their end. Once they have
fixed the issues on their end, we will decide if we will to use them as a form of
payment again, or not. If you have any other questions on our services, please let
us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom