Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

GoDaddy Premium Domain Listings 20% sale then 30%? Success with Dictionary Words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After limited “success” on eBay attracting bids, I am considering listing Shrewd (dot) com with GoDaddy Premium Listings. It’s tough getting exposure on eBay with so many listings. I was also hoping that people interested in the domain would go to the domain name, see that it was for sale http://www.shrewd.com/domainnameforsale.htm
and maybe sell it that way, but that is getting less response than eBay.

It looks like GoDaddy has an offer where the commission is 20% for domains until the end of the month.

“New premium listing created between 8/2/2011 and 8/31/2011 will be charged a commission fee of 20% of the sales price.” http://www.godaddy.com/domainaddon/premium-listing.aspx

Since the listings are for 30 days, I think I would be lucky if Shrewd (dot) com sold the first month unless I priced it low.

AFTER the thirty days, when I would have to relict, does anyone know if GoDaddy is going the rate back up to 30% not only for new listings, but also relisting?

10% would be a big difference to me on a sale.

I suppose it varies depending on the name, price and luck, but does anyone have feedback on how long it usually takes to sell a dictionary word, such as Shrewd (dot) com on Godaddy?

I also think GoDaddy’s Premium listing is more of a fixed price service, so I might have to cut back on my asking price to account for the expected discount. Although I recall hearing on DNforum that people have negotiated Premium Listings.

Any suggestions on pricing (I did have an appraisal thread on DN forum a while ago) or marketing are appreciated. Or I could price it high and wait for the economy and market to recover? Or I could sell it wholesale and throw in the towel. ?

Last edited:

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy extended their 20% "sale" to the end of September, and I got some answers on NamePros:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom