Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did'nt Icann bring in a rule that 60 days exclusion from transfer
is not allowed anymore ?.
I just wondered how that sits with GD rules ?.

DG

Domain Days 2024

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as I know it is still applied at GD. I know when I tried to transfer some names out to Moniker for the TRAFFIC auction.

However, you can get it done with the right connection!

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As far as I know it is still applied at GD. I know when I tried to transfer some names out to Moniker for the TRAFFIC auction.

However, you can get it done with the right connection!

Thanks John. Hmm "right connection"...

DG

D

Deleted member 5660

Hundreds of complaints have been filed with ICANN about this over many years. ICANN just ignores all the complaints and never answers why they don't enforce the rules. Their attoney is Christine Jones and one she answered me about this by stating that ICANN knows it as if since they know, they permit it.

ICANN recently reiterated their rules and made a public announcement that they were going to crack down on registrars who did this. I filed some complaints against Godaddy and ICANN again did not answer. Godaddy locked it past the expiration date so I had to renew. I would like to get refunds for these forced renewals.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hundreds of complaints have been filed with ICANN about this over many years. ICANN just ignores all the complaints and never answers why they don't enforce the rules. Their attoney is Christine Jones and one she answered me about this by stating that ICANN knows it as if since they know, they permit it.

ICANN recently reiterated their rules and made a public announcement that they were going to crack down on registrars who did this. I filed some complaints against Godaddy and ICANN again did not answer. Godaddy locked it past the expiration date so I had to renew. I would like to get refunds for these forced renewals.

Hmm, well since "GoDaddy is now a member of this forum perhaps he would like
to comment ?. Perhaps there might be an exclusion for domainers ,or
am I hoping too much ?

DG

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get your GD rep to help on that.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe they said it was "optional" however it would not allow you to NOT CHECK the box that you agreed for them to hold your name for 60 days when you made the correction.

I would be curious to see if Adam or the Godaddy member here cares to comment on the issue as it has been brought up many times without a good excuse. It would be good to hear something other than "talk to your rep"

MAYBE it is there for those who do not know any better, but for us domainers who actually know can simply ask and have the hold removed. I tried asking before but was given the same cut and paste response in 5 emails before they said politely i was S.O.L.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe they said it was "optional" however it would not allow you to NOT CHECK the box that you agreed for them to hold your name for 60 days when you made the correction.

I would be curious to see if Adam or the Godaddy member here cares to comment on the issue as it has been brought up many times without a good excuse. It would be good to hear something other than "talk to your rep"

MAYBE it is there for those who do not know any better, but for us domainers who actually know can simply ask and have the hold removed. I tried asking before but was given the same cut and paste response in 5 emails before they said politely i was S.O.L.

Well said. No definitive answer has ever been received and wonder what the
problem is . Its fine trying to keep customers ,but locking them in
is a short cut route to that.

DG

D

Deleted member 5660

You will never get an answer because Godaddy's attorney, Christine Jones, will tell them not to respond. That is the way that company operates. Your entire portfolio results on the whims of this Christine Jones who is an unstable and unreasable idiot. Just read some of the legal issues surrounding Godaddy and you will see what she is like. Any domain with Godaddy is at risk.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You will never get an answer because Godaddy's attorney, Christine Jones, will tell them not to respond. That is the way that company operates. Your entire portfolio results on the whims of this Christine Jones who is an unstable and unreasable idiot. Just read some of the legal issues surrounding Godaddy and you will see what she is like. Any domain with Godaddy is at risk.

I am surprised therefore that they can show their faces on DNForum if
they do not even have the balls to speak. What's wrong GoDaddy, do
you KNOW that you are doing something wrong and too embarrassed to
talk about it ?. Is that really what Bob Parsons has come down to ?.
Come on grow some balls and answer at least ,whatever the answer
is.

DG

D

Deleted member 5660

Don't forget the time Parsons showed up at a domain conference with bodyguards. I heard they almost started a fight with people trying to use the elevator because his body guards claimed nobody could ride the elevator with him for security.

They won't answer because they know it violates the ICANN/registry rules and any statements could create a liability to the company. They used to say it was for "security" but ICAANN said they couldn't use that reason so now they just don't give a reason and ignore any complaints. This issue has also gone to the US DEpartment of Commerce who oversees ICANN and they won't do anything or respond either. Cathy Smith is the attorney for the UJS Department of Commerce at http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/orgchart.htm

However, they will look for excuses to blow you off as they are government employees who don't care other than ICANN provides them with free vacation trips around the world.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the time Parsons showed up at a domain conference with bodyguards. I heard they almost started a fight with people trying to use the elevator because his body guards claimed nobody could ride the elevator with him for security.

They won't answer because they know it violates the ICANN/registry rules and any statements could create a liability to the company. They used to say it was for "security" but ICAANN said they couldn't use that reason so now they just don't give a reason and ignore any complaints. This issue has also gone to the US DEpartment of Commerce who oversees ICANN and they won't do anything or respond either. Cathy Smith is the attorney for the UJS Department of Commerce at http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/orgchart.htm

However, they will look for excuses to blow you off as they are government employees who don't care other than ICANN provides them with free vacation trips around the world.

Yes seems that behind the fascade of respectability and the nice words
to bring in punters they really are not giving a damn about abiding by any
rules but their own. Shame on them and the others that treat customers
like pawns and mugs. They have taken the easy route .

Maybe Im wrong, perhaps there is a good reason ,but come on GD
get some balls and tell us !.

DG

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

And on top of the increase, registrars implement their own increase in prices.

Last edited:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like GoDaddy came by to "make an appearance". I haven't seen the GoDaddy rep tell us who he is. And answers such as "go to your account rep to have 60 day lock removed on whois changes" is not acceptable. It shouldn't be there at all for anyone.

D

Deleted member 5660

I saw a post by Kieren McCarthy. He writes for the Guardian and was formerly critical of ICANN. Now they hired him and he gets to go on all the trips. Now look at what he posted in response to a compliance complaint

http://www.circleid.com/posts/icann_contract_compliance_enforcement

Now I brought the whole thing up to him, ICANN's General Counsel, ICANN's compliance officer, and the General Council at Dept of Commerce NTIA and pointed out these complaints have been filed for more than five years now.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A reply from Godaddy would be nice.

D

Deleted member 5660

I got a responfrom Kieren McCarthy. At first he tried to pretend he didn't know about the problem but it turns out this Godaddy transfer issue is the number one complaint to ICANN. The response I received was "Shut up ... Go Bother someone else"

Conatct Kieren McCarthy, the public participation manager of ICANN for more information

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom