Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

-----> GoDaddy Reseller Account Transfer <-----

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTEC

Flying at 9.200 rpm...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How does it look with transferring a domain from a reseller account directly to GD ?? I've received the Authorization Info: 14xxxx9xxDxxxxC0 but can't find a place to enter this in GD....

HELP !!! :)

T

tekz999

Not so fast. After you initiate a transfer request into godaddy. Godaddy will first send the domain registrant a transaction ID and password, then you will use this "transaction ID and password", and enter them from "accept domain transfer" or something from the menu, then on the top right, you will see "authorisation", that is where you enter your auth code.

VTEC

Flying at 9.200 rpm...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to initiate the transfer in godaddy first.

please direct me mate, a bit confused now....

The domain is with the reseller, so not really sure how to initiate the transfer in GD.....

help....

(sorry, have never done this before)

(added)

this is what I've found on one site:

1. The domain transfer is purchased by the customer.
2. The domain needs to be unlocked and the authorization code needs to be retrieved from the current registrar. This step is vital in order to initiate the transfer with the gaining registrar.
3. The customer then receives an email from the gaining registrar which contains an ID #, key code and a link for transfer confirmation.
4. With the help of the ID and key; the customer confirms the transfer and may also require the authorization code from the losing registrar.
5. The losing registrar then receives a notification from the gaining registrar to transfer the domain.
6. The losing registrar then sends a confirmation for domain release.
7. The customer confirms release with the losing registrar.
8. The gaining registrar receives domain release from the losing registrar.
9. The customer is sent a confirmation email that the domain is located in their account.
10. Customer takes control of the new domain at the new registrar.
24/7 support is offered both by telephone and email.

Last edited:

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is just stupid that people have to initiate a transfer from a GD reseller site to GD main site. Why don't they let people push directly?

Maybe DCG can look into making this change at GoDaddy ? ;)

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its quite simple

at the reseller
1. log-in
2.goto "my domains"
3. select the domain to be transferred -out and click
4. on the left side of the description page if status is showing "locked' click "change" to unlocked
5.Still on the same page request " authorization code" send by email

done

At godaddy

1. log-in to godaddy
2. click transfer domains
3. enter the domain information
4. goto check-out and pay
5. do as tekz posted

Not so fast. After you initiate a transfer request into godaddy.
Godaddy will first send the domain registrant a transaction ID and password, then you will use this "transaction ID and password", and enter them from "accept domain transfer" or something from the menu, then on the top right, you will see "authorisation", that is where you enter your auth code.

G/L

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom