Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy restrictions on transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodash

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where can I find if there are restrictions on being able to transfer domains out of GoDaddy? I'm about to start transfering all my names out of GoDaddy because the email support there is non-existant. I've tried five times to get the turkeys in Support to fix a matter with two of my domains and they won't get off the backsides and do something. All I get are from them are form email respones which send you around in circles. They're either too lazy or too understaffed to provide proper customer service. So I'm going to pull all my names out of there and go to somewhere where I know I will get the support. Before I do this I need to know if there are any restrictions on transferring names I may have recently bought. Where can I look this up?

Thanks

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes if the whois contact details have changed in the last 60 days you wont be able to transfer it out

rodash

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there any easy way to find this out in Daddy's Domain Management system?

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there any easy way to find this out in Daddy's Domain Management system?

not that I know of, if you try a transfer you will get an email from Godaddy stating that the domain can't be transferred until such and such a time.

Checking the "last updated" date from whois may give you a clue.

rodash

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. This is going to be a long Whois look-up process given the number of domains I've recently bought. I thought I might be able to short-circuit the process a little.

ClickEarn

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy ALWAYS answers their phone. I never have any problems with their
support system

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom