Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This would be added security. As a feature a person can add a cell phone or landline number to their domain manager not necesarily that of the registrant that an automated text message or voice message will be sent to about a "Change of account" with a numeric code or word that the account owner has to enter in to activate the change. Since most are in front of a computer at the time they initiate an account change and usually have their phones nearby, the voice or text message will be instant. New owner will not recieve "Change of account" email nor will domain be in the Pending account change in their domain manager until code is entered in by current registrant.

If someone hacks your account and tries to change number a text or voice message with code will be sent to original number that you would need to enter in for verification similar to craigslist.

Or find a way to use our 4 digit pin for change of accounts.

Last edited:

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This would be added security. As a feature a person can add a cell phone or landline number to their domain manager not necesarily that of the registrant that an automated text message or voice message will be sent to about a "Change of account" with a numeric code or word that the account owner has to enter in to activate the change. Since most are in front of a computer at the time they initiate an account change and usually have their phones nearby, the voice or text message will be instant. New owner will not recieve "Change of account" email nor will domain be in the Pending account change in their domain manager until code is entered in by current registrant.

If someone hacks your account and tries to change number a text or voice message with code will be sent to original number that you would need to enter in for verification similar to craigslist.

Or find a way to use our 4 digit pin for change of accounts.

A similar (actually better) type of security is already available if you have an exec account. Contact your rep.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if I am wrong but there is no real added security with an account exec. Except for the fact that you need to enter a separate code for domain transfers. and you need to be invited to have an exec. people who have less that 300 domains are not eligible.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is added security. It is called DTVS and is one of the most effective security measures of any registrar.

Brad

Forgive me if I am wrong but there is no real added security with an account exec. Except for the fact that you need to enter a separate code for domain transfers. and you need to be invited to have an exec. people who have less that 300 domains are not eligible.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or you could use a real registrar like Fabulous.com and get the best security each and every time at no cost. I can't even remember the last time I saw a domain that was stolen out of fabulous. It's always godaddy.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or you could use a real registrar like Fabulous.com and get the best security each and every time at no cost. I can't even remember the last time I saw a domain that was stolen out of fabulous. It's always godaddy.

Between GD and WWD they control 37.5M domains. GD has more domains than Enom, Tucows, Network Solutions, 1 And 1, Moniker, Register.com, Dotster, Dynadot, Fabulous, Dyndaot, Name.com combined.

Fabulous has under 1M. Just the sheer number of domains GD has of course there are going to be more issues.

Brad

Last edited:

enterpryzman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Between GD and WWD they control 37.5M domains. GD has more domains than Enom, Tucows, Network Solutions, 1 And 1, Moniker, Register.com, Dotster, Dynadot, Fabulous, Dyndaot, Name.com combined.

Fabulous has under 1M. Just the sheer number of domains GD has of course there are going to be more issues.

Brad

Simple facts, increased business means increased exposure ( if greater dollars equal more customers ), that is just the way it is. I struggle with that in my offline business that is growing each year and I see more and more problems that I never had in the past. Success can have downsides.

Enterpryzman

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Don't you need 5000+ domains to receive their lowest pricing tier which is still higher than Godaddy pricing?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't you need 5000+ domains to receive their lowest pricing tier which is still higher than Godaddy pricing?
I don't think you need to have 5000 domains with them.
As for pricing I don't mind paying an additional buck for high value domains, if that is the price for peace of mind and security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom