Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's what happens when you want to set custom name servers on a domain

crosssrq9.gif

If Godaddy wants to retain the business of domainers, maybe it would be a good idea to put up a separate version without all the clutter and cross-selling ;)
The website is already slow enough :rolleyes:

I also notice a bug in the checkout section, it prompts me for a province, I enter one then it says the form has already been submitted so I have to go back to checkout and restart all over.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are out of control...
I hate even having to visit there to manage my domains..slowwwwwww

jim

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, I stopped using them because of all the unnessecary steps and having to uncheck items that i did not want to purchase in addition to the site being very slow for me. I want a simple interface where I can register a domain in 30 seconds or less from start to finish.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I noticed that a few days ago, it's definitely pushing the envelope with aggressive service sales.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Managing domains at Godaddy isn't a pleasant experience due to the amount of time it takes to complete simple tasks. Hence my suggestion of an 'advanced mode' for domainers.

Now the interesting bit: I was switching the name servers for a domain to NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM & NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM.
If I use my own DNS the update takes place immediately.
It means you will get that cross-selling screen when using a competitor of CashParking :)

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, any other domain parking nameserver, i have noticed once getting this.

not for hosting domain name.

yeah.. will check it again... nice point~!

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's what happens when you want to set custom name servers on a domain

If Godaddy wants to retain the business of domainers, maybe it would be a good idea to put up a separate version without all the clutter and cross-selling ;)
The website is already slow enough :rolleyes:

I also notice a bug in the checkout section, it prompts me for a province, I enter one then it says the form has already been submitted so I have to go back to checkout and restart all over.

Agreed.. there weren't enough "no thanks" buttons to click before?

korganian

Domain Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made the huge mistake of registering 1,000 domains at 1and1.com when I started domaining . They make it so fast and easy to register the domains and have great specials.

They have no bulk options in their control panel. It takes an entire day of tedious work for me to make any type of change to my 1,000 domains because I have to perform a several step process for each individual domain with their slow server. If I want to change the name server settings for all my domains to change parking programs, it means 10 hours of non-stop work! When I need to unlock domains, it's the same thing. Guess what happens at renewal time? They have auto renewal as mandatory default for everyone's account and force me to go through a several step process to turn off the auto renew settings for each individual domain!!! And when I call them, they never, ever follow through with any promises they make to me!

garyrcanuck

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are out of control...

jim

So correct, Slowdaddy is a NODaddy to me , I cannot transfer my names away from them fast enough. I really believe that the domain manager is getting slower, a simple change takes forever. Perhaps if we all start transferring away they might start listening.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing this out, I am looking into it now.

-=DCG=-

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one of my key domain was with godaddy and had to transfer.

the auth code is present in the panel and i just sent the request from the new registrar and transferred happened innormal TAT

i had tried 4 times, all times it was ok

maybe for me, its god addy and not nodaddy ;-)

anyways this topic was in regard with x-sell so, will say, it is a good approach which many are irriated to but what i understnd is it has an american base (+ve) and ongoing coupons running (discounts & offers) (+ve) that compensates..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom