Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy - Too Cheap To Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Recently I got a request from Godaddy that a domain transfer had been initiated. Thing is I never authorised a transfer of one of my domains from enom.

So I emailed Godaddy to tell them that the domain transfer was unauthorised, they came back 2 days later and tell me that they can do nothing about it and that I should ensure that the domain is locked at Enom so the transfer does not go ahead. Ironic.. they shut down and disable people for spamming or similar, yet they ignore Domain Hijackers..

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable. Seems to be a lot of this going on lately. I'm off to Enom now to lock mine all down.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has this only happened between Enom and Godaddy to you, namestrands?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anyone can buy a transfer, just make sure the domain is locked and the admin contact email is yours alone and whoever did it might have wasted some money

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Locking down does almost nothing. Within 5 minutes the domains are unlocked. If he broke into the account he would probably change the e-mail account as well.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also don't use RegisterFly. I once emailed registerfly saying i lost my password and didn't have access to my old address. I didn't even give any of my personal information and they forwarded me all my details! I'm lucky it was me!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oooooops :worried: :-O

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's unbeliavable. I can't understand how can a company give details like that...

SuperBrandables

SuperBrandables.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All of these Registrars are too big to care (or too small to handle it).

I have two instances where I have registred domains at GD, paid, checked out , etc, then they sent me an email a few days later that there was an error in the registration and my money would be refunded. The latest incident happened with a real good domain name: jobinator.com.

Now it shows up with private registration, interesting!!! :huh: They claim it was registered by "them: whomever "them" are - much sooner than I did.

Do you think that there might be something fishy going on?

=============================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom