Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy Transfer issue....major problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Help please...

about 3 weeks ago, I sold the name AxysTech.com to a member on this forum. This member paid for the name and I set up an account transfer at Godaddy. For the past 3 weeks, the status of the domain in my account has been: Changing Accounts In Progress - Public

The buyer has nor got the domain in his account and wants a refund or he threatens paypal action. I dont know what to do because I dont have access to this domain in my account anymore either.

I emailed Godaddy support about this, here is the response I got, plus my origional email:

Subject
Domain Transfers

Discussion Thread
Response (SCOTT F.) 03/12/2004 03:42 AM
Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting customer support. The domain will still be listed in your account, until the intended new registrant accepts the agreement to become the new registrant for this domain. If the intended recipient is having issues accepting your request, please have he/she follow the instructions listed below.

To complete the Change of Registrant process please follow the directions below:

First, log into your customer account:

• Go to the Go Daddy Account Login Page
• Log in using your account username (which may be the same as your customer number) and password

If you have trouble logging in, our password reset form may help you. You can find this form through the following link:
Account Retrieval Page

Once logged in, follow these steps:

• Select 'Accept An Account Change' from the 'Domain Names' menu at the top of the page
• Enter the 'Transaction ID' and 'Security Code' as they appear in the email you received and click on 'Continue'
• Review the 'Transfer of Registration Application' and the 'Registration Agreement' and check the boxes in front of these agreements
• Click the 'Accept Change' button to complete the transfer of registration. Your request will be submitted to your shopping cart at NO CHARGE. You will be asked to confirm your contact information only.

*If the following error is displayed after entering the 'Transaction ID' and 'Security Code' it is because you are logged into the same account the Change of Account was initiated from. Click the red 'LOG OUT' button and login with a different username and password:

"Domain ownership changes cannot be processed within a single domain account."

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Sincerely,
Scott F.

GoDaddy.com
Customer Service Representative

General Support: 480-505-8877
Billing: 480-505-8855
Customer 03/11/2004 07:45 PM
Name: Daniel Sitar
Email: ****
Phone #: (not given)
Domain: AxysTech.com
Customer #: ****
Last 4 of CC#: (not given)

Reseller Id: GoDaddy
Reseller: GoDaddy.com

Product: Domain Transfers

Question:
Hello,

I sold this domain (AxysTech.com - registered here at Godaddy) last week and tried to transfer it to the buyers Godaddy account. He accpeted the transfer and I did not cancel it. A week later, and the domain is still in my account with a status of: Changing Accounts In Progress - Public

Any help on how to get this transfer complete would be apprecaited,
Daniel

what should be done???

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT how do you know he accepted the transfer? GoDaddy sends an email to the original owner, when the new owner accepts. Did you get one? I would suggest you call and talk to a real person.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the buyer says he did that, but you are right, I did not recieve an email saying he did accept it. Is there anywhere I can cancel this transaction and try to start it again...?

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you may be able to cancel it via the pending transfers menu and then re-initiate the transfer.

Good Luck with this. I hope you can get it sorted.

NW

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Godaddy transfer process is INSANE. You have to navigate 10 full pages of confusing SPAM, complete with fine print and flashing buttons. Often the 'continue' is a tiny link at the bottom, surrounded but large buttons going elsewhere. If your customer's English isn't great, they're done.

Oh, but it gets worse... your reward for doing all of this is that your domain is registrar-locked for an ADDITIONAL 60 days! No other registrar does this.

I will not torture my customers like that, because the situation you describe is inevitable. I transfer away as soon as possible. Avoid Godaddy at all costs.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what do I do about the buyer who is threatening paypal action?

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
The Godaddy transfer process is INSANE. You have to navigate 10 full pages of confusing SPAM, complete with fine print and flashing buttons. Often the 'continue' is a tiny link at the bottom, surrounded but large buttons going elsewhere. If your customer's English isn't great, they're done.

Oh, but it gets worse... your reward for doing all of this is that your domain is registrar-locked for an ADDITIONAL 60 days! No other registrar does this.

I will not torture my customers like that, because the situation you describe is inevitable. I transfer away as soon as possible. Avoid Godaddy at all costs.

What does that have to do with his question/request for help?

GT Web said:
what do I do about the buyer who is threatening paypal action?

Phone Godaddy, if they can't won't fix it, refund the paypal.

If you lose the domain, so be it, don't risk getting your paypal suspended.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sharpy said:
What does that have to do with his question/request for help?

It prevents him (and others) from repeating the mistake of keeping a domain name at Godaddy. You do want to learn from mistakes, don't you?

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I avoid GD as much as possible. If the price is sufficient, I'd rather transfer the domain to enom or registerfly and then do the ownership transfer to the buyer there. It can be well worth the extra year reg to do so. GD and WildWest are not aftermarket reseller friendly.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
your reward for doing all of this is that your domain is registrar-locked for an ADDITIONAL 60 days! No other registrar does this.

But it's for your "added protection" :-D

I'd rather transfer the domain to enom or registerfly

I can't believe you would deal with RegFly.
I don't like GoDaddy a great deal. but RegFly, they among the lowest imo.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have cancelled the origional transfer and tried again. If the buyer doesnt know how to accept an account transfer, wouldnt he need to get the name transfered to another Registrar? I dont think its fair to make me send a refund because he doesnt know how to complete the registration using that common registrar...

anyways, well see what happens

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
I have cancelled the origional transfer and tried again. If the buyer doesnt know how to accept an account transfer, wouldnt he need to get the name transfered to another Registrar? I dont think its fair to make me send a refund because he doesnt know how to complete the registration using that common registrar...

anyways, well see what happens

DIY......
Open a new account with GD using a different email to your current a/c
Transfer from your old to the new
Then change the details of the new a/c to the buyer's and hand over the new user id and password
Result: Happy customer

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
update: I cancelled the origional transfer and tried again, this time everything worked fine, the buyer now has the domain in his Godaddy account. Thanks to all the people that helped, this thread will surely help others with similiar problems in the future.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
I can't believe you would deal with RegFly.
I don't like GoDaddy a great deal. but RegFly, they among the lowest imo.

I have accounts at Registerfly, Enom, Godaddy, Namecheap, Namescout, Dotster, and another 6-7 regstrars as well. I find RF has the best interface in the industry by far, even better than Enom. I particularly like the push to email address feature. Prices for bulk purchase are only a little higher than enom after enom credit fees and you can list them on their domain marketplace for free, where I've sold several at good prices with no buyer contact or dickering whatsoever. I did have some problems when they were very new, but none in a long time.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have accounts at Registerfly, Enom, Godaddy, Namecheap, Namescout, Dotster, and another 6-7 regstrars as well. I find RF has the best interface in the industry by far, even better than Enom. I particularly like the push to email address feature. Prices for bulk purchase are only a little higher than enom after enom credit fees and you can list them on their domain marketplace for free, where I've sold several at good prices with no buyer contact or dickering whatsoever. I did have some problems when they were very new, but none in a long time.

I hope you feel the same in a few months.

I know many people here including myself have had nothing but problems.

Have you ever tried "registerfly support" ?

It's an oxymoron :)

bigjohnhoward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm the forum member who bought the domain... I must say, godaddy seem to have a useless system of transfering domains... I accepted the first request and no record of the domain being transfered, pending transfer , nothing. GTweb for all his efforts initiated the transfer again and the second time all seems to well with the domain name showing in my account immedaitely after transffer confirmation. I logged onto today to my godaddy account and lo and behold there is no record of the transfer whatsoever, not even in the pending transfer section.. so what do you do?

Thanks GTweb for you r efforts. I now realise it is not your fault if they cannot get their act together..

Steen said:

I know many people here including myself have had nothing but problems.

Have you ever tried "registerfly support" ?

It's an oxymoron :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so is the domain in your account now or not?

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Steen said:

I have had problems with just about every registrar in some manner when you do high volumes. Registerfly has been as good or better than any others, and I've used them for several years. With 800+ domains there, I'm confident I'll get good service and can easily bypass support with an email directly to management if I don't like their answer. I don't feel that way with godaddy or dotster, where I also have accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom