Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainstrike

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a Question about GoDaddy.com Domain Transfers.... is there a minimum time you must wait before you can transfer a name to someone else through GoDaddy. Say I register a .com today, and then find a buyer right now... Can I transfer right away? Thanks

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
60 days

ChrisMacleod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can of course push the domain to their gd account then they can transfer it to their preferred registrar once the 60 days has elapsed.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ChrisMacleod said:
You can of course push the domain to their gd account then they can transfer it to their preferred registrar once the 60 days has elapsed.

But it will be 60 days from the push since the registrant details will change.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Names must stay at a given Registrar for 60 days. Each transfer generally starts a new 60 day period. The name could change Registrant's every day if you want it to. If the purchaser doesn't have a Go-Daddy account then they can open one for free. Go-Daddy does not have a Push Function....you must enter the new contact information from start to finish.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe the 60 day is an ICANN rule.

domainstrike

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah I see, thanks for responses..... So the 60 day rule doesn't really matter since you can just have the buyer open up a GD account... cool

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I believe the 60 day is an ICANN rule.

Godaddy also has an internal company rule of 60 days for domains that have changed accounts. I just transfered some domains from one account to another and then tried to transfer them to moniker but godaddy is not allowing the transfer under the guise of ICANN rules (which is clearly false).

I really hate tactics like this which has led me to start transferring all domains I have with them out.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had a name I removed a middle initial and had to wait 60 days to transfer it out. All I can say is all my names are leaving GD. Only about 85 left with them.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy and WildWest enforce the 60 day rule far more strictly than they should. For example, I had a name where all I did was add a period behind the Co. By doing that it prevented a transfer for another 60-days even though the dot (.) was the only change. How ridiculous is that? I continue to be very unhappy with GD in a number of ways but having trouble finding a better firm.

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love godaddy, 400 names , 5 servers , never had any problems

but then again I do all the tech stuff myself, i.e. ssh, server configs

But I like them

Just my thoughts

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader said:
GoDaddy and WildWest enforce the 60 day rule far more strictly than they should. For example, I had a name where all I did was add a period behind the Co. By doing that it prevented a transfer for another 60-days even though the dot (.) was the only change. How ridiculous is that? I continue to be very unhappy with GD in a number of ways but having trouble finding a better firm.

Umm Moniker, Dynadot and Namecheap are all better imho....

domainstrike

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another question.... if I transfer it to another Go Daddy account, is it Free?? or is there a fee ? (to transfer from GD account to another GD account? ) THANKS

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Free, providing you do it using the "push" method.

If you request a transfer from the new registrant side, it will cost a year's registration and extend the registration period by a year.

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Push" method aka "Change Account"

yesbrilliant

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I love godaddy, 400 names , 5 servers , never had any problems

but then again I do all the tech stuff myself, i.e. ssh, server configs

But I like them

Just my thoughts

Hi,

How can we change servers at GoDaddy?

I also have a good number of domains there and they seem to be all in the same servers. I have no hosting plan there, just use the WebSiteTonight for a few.

Also, even changing servers within GoDaddy, wouldn't they still being in the same Class C IP?

Thanks for your attention, I am new to this.

YesBrilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom