Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoDaddy Wanting To Be A Little Too Popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lz83ny

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No wonder, fox rejected that video.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you think GoDaddy did it as a joke? Or were they serious?

2.4 mill FOR THAT >:eek:

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No wonder the commercial was not approved.
After last year's fiasco everyone would be talking.
GoDaddy hit a LowDaddy

nameplanet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is godaddy thinking? To have been dumb enough to try that is one thing, to post it on your website is beyond dumb.

nyspqr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good for Godaddy, let them advertise, why not....If they have the money to spend, all the power to them.

gwdguy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dumb?? that is darn smart of them.. how many people are going to tell their friends and co-workers to go see the video?? It is free advertising.. Whether it was suppose to be a "real" commercial or not they will make from that I bet than not saying anything about it.. I for one would not advertise my business that way but again godaddy could piss off a lot of people and still be making more than most of us :~D

Robert

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have forwarded GodaddyCommercial.com to the hyperlink. :-D

This could be huge for the domain community when people go there and start to look at some new TLD domains like .biz, .us, .info, and the like. More than anything though it will re-inforce the .com is king mentality as well as the idea that the girl in the ad is really hot. We already know who is going to win the superbowl.....godaddy.

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say it's working out quite well for them. Here are a few quotes to back up the statement:

"All publicity is good publicity." & "Even bad publicity is good publicity."

They obviously knew what they were doing.

GeorgeK said:

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was at a Superbowl party with about 150 others. Was waiting to see what happened when they played the commercial. I thought it was lame when I watched the preview, but a large group of people laughed at the end when the guy has to take oxygen. How about that.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems like such a waste of 2.4 million. I can't imagine them profiting from that commercial. It would make more sense advertising during tv shows.

Or maybe a register one domain, get another free. (.com). I'd register one.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Was at a Superbowl party with about 150 others. Was waiting to see what happened when they played the commercial. I thought it was lame when I watched the preview, but a large group of people laughed at the end when the guy has to take oxygen. How about that.

laughing doesn't sell anything. most of the time some people will have some reaction to any visual stimulus. commercial itself might be successful as an amuzing 'standalone' piece of entertainment, but whether it will succed to cover and exceed your company 3.5 million hole, that's another matter.

bottom line is, gd is a company that has no realistic 'business' being there in the first place. simply speaking, gd doesn't sell what people want (travel, leisure, lifestyle choice..), nor what people need (bottled water, baby diapers, cars, clothes...) therefore most people will not care about gd's 'products', even if the commerical itself is successful.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the funniest part was when the guy got up and said I have to go... or was that in the version they cancelled..????.. oh well..

Its a good side and bad side to that commericial.. For one... It mocks the last year's performance with the strap almost coming down, this little thing will get people talking.. I believe they actually wanted to start a big thing like Janet started.. everyone was talking about that for weeks and months.

So, Godaddy is hoping the same thing... I wonder how many new customers they got since then

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GD took a big risk, but it looks like they got a lot of their money back from Fox after NFL officials strongly discouraged the airing of the commercial for a second time later in the game.

With all of the publicity, Godaddy will go from a company only domainers knew about to the company that had the funny/risque shirt strap commercial. Kind of surprised they haven't included the girl on the front page of their website, since this is what they are known for now.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was watching CSI, and saw a commercial for raw wrestling. When promoting their next event, they had a picture of the girl from the commercial and said something along the lines of "the godaddy girl from the superbowl commercial will be here".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom