Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy will help only if there is a Court order !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An annonymous buyer accepted BIN $ 8,000 for one of my domains at godaddy auctions (deal to be completed at escrow.com).

I agreed to the offer at escrow.com

Ten days have passed and buyer has not sent payment. Escrow does not have contact info of buyer.

Godaddy has emailed buyer few times but there is no response.

I asked customer service of godaddy to provide me contact info of buyer so that I can persue options available to me.

They wrote : "We can't release the information you've requested with out a subpoena".

On sedo.com if someone refuses to complete a transaction after agreeing to it, his/her contact info is given to the other party rightaway.

Why godaddy wants me to spend more time and money to get info of a prankster ?

Just banning him/her from auctions is not enough.

Anyone else has such issues with godaddy ?

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recommend that you review the godaddy T&C (both for buyer and for seller) to see if there's anything which provides Godaddy the obligation to release the details. Privacy policy might help as well, in terms of understanding what they can't do, out of fairness to whatever deal they had with the buyer.

I'd also look it over to see just to what extent they relieve themselves of liability from deadbeat buyers.

If this isn't your thing, I would be willing to help you pursue this for a contingency.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Remove your domains from GoDaddy.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the last few months I had one six figure offer, one five figure offer and several smaller offers at sedo which were not completed due to
non payment !!! They need to implement changes and insist on a 5% upfront payment for each offer (or get pre approval for such amount) irrespective of amount. If buyer fails to pay up the balance, seller gets 4% and brokerage gets 1%.

That will drastically reduce non serious offers.

Why bother chasing a prankster? Clearly someone messing around. Can't see any value in chasing him. Why not sell the name on Sedo if their system suits you better?

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The whole SedoMLS forced-down-your-throat approach is a clusterphuck. So now my domains are parked elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom