Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Going, Going on Afternic

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently I received some replies on the old "Going, Going on Afternic" project that we put together for DNF...

toho said:

AfterNiC.

You should pay banner fees to DNF and set up AD on top page.

Not few members feel not very happy your post on this thread.

This post blocked other useful post from top page view.

Difficult to find useful post from TOP PAGE

Just repeat "Just updated the first post of this thread."

This post is not SPAM but like SPAM post.

GT Web said:

yeah, I dont like this constant bumping either...

I would like to hear from some more DNF members. Do you find this daily report we've been providing useful?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Bumping" is generally considered to be inappropriate when no updated information is posted - a case of just trying to push the same information up the slope.
In the case of the Afternic thread the "bump" always takes the form of an update of available domains for the information of members, ie new information and it is not as though it were a daily occurrence.
The alternative is to post a new thread each time that the information changes - I'm not sure that that would be in anyone's interest.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You do have the right to make a new thread every 24 hours, as long as it has new info, it is not spamming. However you should also be courteous, and not "own" the forum (meaning, posting every day in such a low traffic forum category may make other members mad).

I personally would rather see a new thread with new info, than 4 pages of "Just updated the first post of this thread." That's all you see when you click to the thread, and you have to click again to get to the updated info.
:)

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, we didn't really get much of a response here. I'll try something a little different. I'll post the new sales data rather than post "Just updated the list" so you can see the history...

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GeneralBill said:
Well, we didn't really get much of a response here.

They sorta like to shoot you down rather than help you to fly :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom